Thread: KSG Armory Custom Holster (lite review)

KSG Armory Custom Holster (lite review)

Just wanted to drop by and give a big shout out to KSG Armory.

I wanted to wear this rig for a significant amount of time before doing a review, as I find "first impression" reviews are generally lacking on the long term characteristics and effects. I've been carrying daily with this beast for a couple months now - it's hard for me to be exact I'm bad with dates/time.

Story goes I was looking for someone to build me a AIWB hardshell holster for a P30L LEM w/ TLR-1 HL fitting, KSG took on the challenge, Gabe was friendly and easy to communicate with, I gave him a rundown of my anatomy and desired carry attributes. I really didn't know how concealable/comfortable it was going to be and originally it was just a fun "overkill" kind of concept, so I had a JM CK George on order too.

The George is great, but I basically don't use it, the KSG custom actually fits my needs better, I will try to articulate these (personal) advantages.
    This holster came out of the box in perfect configuration for carry, despite the weight it's insanely comfortable, I attribute this to the "wedge" which I feel balances out the distribution of pressure on the body.

Pic of the "wedge".

Gabe nailed the perfect amount of gap between the beltline and grip on this rig, the spacing is generous enough that my fingers don't run against my belt - but I've also never had a concealment issue.

So I carry dead on 12 O'Clock - I am skinny but I have broad(ish) shoulders and a 36" waist - with a fullsize gun at the 1 or 2 O'Clock, it will print fairly regularly. This is where the dual clip design worked out fantastic for me as it's easy to avoid the fly/button on pants and stay at the 12 - also I prefer the dual clip design as there's never unintentional cant on the gun.

The holster is wide but very efficient and low profile, the wingclaw does a great job diminishing the evidence of a smuggled roasted ham in the front of my pants.

Retention is good, now it's not a "snap" kind of retention, this is due to the WML being the widest part of the profile and being a big part of where the holster "grabs" the gun.

The mag pouch leaves the mag high on the body with lots of space for a good purchase on it, it has no cant, I prefer it that way.

This is the *only* negative I have to say, the mag pouch allows the mag to rock slightly, functionally it has not been an issue, but there it is.

So yeah, I originally got this as like a "everything and the kitchen sink" holster, but it almost immediately became my every day carry, it just does everything right for me.

And the icing on the cake? The turn around time to my door on this thing was like 6 freakin days.

Next up is adding a match weight to my other P30L and challenging Gabe to design around that, no I'm not kidding.
    Last edited by SsevenN; 04-18-2017 at 01:26 PM.
    "I'm checking out, somebody throw me in the trash"

t. Frank Reynolds - IASIP

I've got some an OWB holster and Mag carrier for my P320 from Gabe. Excellent stuff and he's damn fast.

User Tag List