Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: M64s at Buds

I was sorely tempted. But I bought several older K frame Smiths (including M64s) during the recent 'Great Ammo Drought' when 9mm was unobtanium & other semi auto service ammo later became scarce. I decided, for me, the money would be better spent on ammo and handloading components.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I picked up one of those a month or two back. Filthy with congealed lube and dust bunnies. Standard list of goofiness... square butt grips on a round butt. Mine came with an extra bit of awesomeness - the stock pin is bent on one side, so I'm waiting for more parts to be needed to order one when it's in stock somewhere. Not expensive, but impressive. General mis-handling rash all over the place. Rear sight is peened slightly on one side from being impacted on the top of the frame, so the flats at the back are not totally even. Cylinder notches are peened. If it wasn't shot a lot, it was certainly dry fired plenty. I haven't measured the degree of peening, but it passes basic timing tests.

Haven't shot it yet. It's just sitting in the safe until I get around to a complete tear down, inspection and detail cleaning. Life has gotten in the way lately.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 04-19-2017 at 09:05 AM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I picked up one of those a month or two back. Filthy with congealed lube and dust bunnies. Standard list of goofiness... square butt grips on a round butt. Mine came with an extra bit of awesomeness - the stock pin is bent on one side, so I'm waiting for more parts to be needed to order one when it's in stock somewhere. Not expensive, but impressive. General mis-handling rash all over the place. Rear sight is peened slightly on one side from being impacted on the top of the frame, so the flats at the back are not totally even. Cylinder notches are peened. If it wasn't shot a lot, it was certainly dry fired plenty. I haven't measured the degree of peening, but it passes basic timing tests.

Haven't shot it yet. It's just sitting in the safe until I get around to a complete tear down, inspection and detail cleaning. Life has gotten in the way lately.
    That's a shame. All mine were shot little/carried a lot. Butter smooth actions & they lock up tight as a bank vault. (There, . . . I've used several gun cliches in a row ) They were even fairly clean inside. I don't know if Brinks armored car guards need to do an annual qualification. But I doubt that my guns got shot much outside of that.

User Tag List