Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RAT blade question

Travels have kept me busy. Here's the pic I was sent.

Name:  rat-taiwan.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  24.9 KB

Regardless of the pic, show me another AUS8 blade made in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirnyx View Post

Pic isn't loading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    Point was, if it is made in Taiwan from AUS8, it should not be $500. If they are made by a small shop in the US, maybe
    That's certainly a good point. If it's made in Taiwan, should it be named after an elite fallen warrior from the USA? What would he think about associating his name with a blade made in Taiwan?

Has anyone looked under the scales to see if it is engraved there?

That's certainly a good point. If it's made in Taiwan, should it be named after an elite fallen warrior from the USA? What would he think about associating his name with a blade made in Taiwan?
    As I recall Kyle Defoor was involved in the project and was friends with the fallen SEAL for whom it's named. Defoor and presumably "Rat" were trained in Sayoc blade techniques.

ETA: http://kyledefoor.tumblr.com/post/42...hat-we-now-all
    Last edited by El Cid; 05-02-2017 at 09:48 PM.

I just got mine yesterday. It was packaged differently and had no such sticker on it.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    As I recall Kyle Defoor was involved in the project and was friends with the fallen SEAL for whom it's named. Defoor and presumably "Rat" were trained in Sayoc blade techniques.

ETA: http://kyledefoor.tumblr.com/post/42...hat-we-now-all
    I'm familiar with all of that. Still doesn't explain the steel.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    I agree on Spyderco (I am carrying a K2 right now). Point was, if it is made in Taiwan from AUS8, it should not be $500. If they are made by a small shop in the US, maybe

At the end of the day, everyone who bought one thought it was worth the $350-$500 because of tier 1, questionable martial arts, and/or Kyle Defoor.

I remember when I first heard about them it was some big secret blade that you had to get the info from someone in the know. Then the website went up and didn't even list the steel. If people bought it at $500, then I guess it is worth $500. Free market and all that. People spend way more money on things then they are worth for all kinda of things. Exclusivity and all that.

I'm familiar with all of that. Still doesn't explain the steel.
    I wasn't addressing the steel. I was addressing your comment about how an elite American warrior would feel having his name associated with the knife. I don't think it's our place to question given the information I posted a link to.

Almost looks to me like the packaging is bulk ordered and each one of those white envelopes has a sticker on it.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List