Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RAT blade question

Quote Originally Posted by Mirnyx View Post
    I received a pic of a warranty replacement RAT blade from a SF end user. The packaging has a small gold "MADE IN TAIWAN" sticker on it.
    That is disappointing.

I received a pic of a warranty replacement RAT blade from a SF end user. The packaging has a small gold "MADE IN TAIWAN" sticker on it.
    Got the photo?

And are you sure the packaging itself wasn't "made in taiwan" ?
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post

ETA: I was also under the impression that they were made in Texas by Elmore himself, but that was an assumption and not based upon anything concrete said on the website.

Likewise but much of their stuff seems rather consistent for handmade.

If they are made in Taiwan then props to them, the margins gotta be insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Got the photo?

And are you sure the packaging itself wasn't "made in taiwan" ?
    Traveling today; I'll get the photo up ASAP.

Any thing is possible with regards to packaging however all signs point to this being an imported blade.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I emailed them a couple of times last year (or the year before -- time flies...) and never got a response.

ETA: I was also under the impression that they were made in Texas by Elmore himself, but that was an assumption and not based upon anything concrete said on the website.
    $500 blade and they can't answer emails? Pass.

Traveling today; I'll get the photo up ASAP.

Any thing is possible with regards to packaging however all signs point to this being an imported blade.
    Mirnyx,
    If your making the suggestion that the RAT blade is in fact not made in Texas but an imported item ,
    provide the proof. I have no dog in this fight but have been Seriously considering purchasing a RAT blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    That is disappointing.
    Not defending overpriced timmy blades made of steel that belongs in the $50 dollar bracket, but the Taiwan knife factories have come a long way. Look at Spyderco. Some argue they produce nicer blades than the American factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    Not defending overpriced timmy blades made of steel that belongs in the $50 dollar bracket, but the Taiwan knife factories have come a long way. Look at Spyderco. Some argue they produce nicer blades than the American factory.
    I agree on Spyderco (I am carrying a K2 right now). Point was, if it is made in Taiwan from AUS8, it should not be $500. If they are made by a small shop in the US, maybe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still no response?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I thought Texas as well but recently had some knowledge dropped that made me ask the question. Most obvious is the use of AUS8 steel which appears non-existant in the USA except as imported blades.
    How do you know it is AUS8 ?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List