Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 Factory Rear Sight Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    There is a point of return, however.

I have had a glock 19 which had to have the rear sights pushed to one side. I kept pushing them and finally realized there was an issue with the gun (it had an aftermarket barrel). I put a different barrel into it (a drop in) and all of a sudden it worked well and the rear was in the general middle area of the rear dovetail.

I always tell people that if you zero your glock and think it's off, have someone else, or two or three more people shoot it at 25 yards, ten round groups. See the average center of all the above and compare to yours.

If they are shooting very similarly and your groups are off, then it's you. If you are all in the same general group area, then it's the gun.
    Unfortunately I happen to be the best shot with a pistol out of the people that I personally know. I'm not tooting my own horn, the general skill level with regard to pistol shooting is just that low.

I should be getting a universal laser boresighter here in a couple days. Hopefully that should help confirm if I really do suck that bad or not.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Quote Originally Posted by jca1386 View Post
    Honestly, it depends on your impact and how much movement you need. I will take a photo of the rear sight he marked for me and what I did to it to help in zeroing it out.

The lines start out on top of one another. Then simply we just knocked the rear sight the width of the pen line to get what you see there. Photo isn't great and shows a wonky angle but I wanted to show you the difference there.
    Interesting. I'll have to keep this in mind next time I'm at the range.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Unfortunately I happen to be the best shot with a pistol out of the people that I personally know. I'm not tooting my own horn, the general skill level with regard to pistol shooting is just that low.

I should be getting a universal laser boresighter here in a couple days. Hopefully that should help confirm if I really do suck that bad or not.

As I've posted before, I purchased a laserlyte specifically to aid in dryfire, but with different barrels it isn't accurate, or is only accurate at a short distance. So be mindful of this.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    As I've posted before, I purchased a laserlyte specifically to aid in dryfire, but with different barrels it isn't accurate, or is only accurate at a short distance. So be mindful of this.
    Yeah, I've read that article and also why I specified "hopefully" as I've tried another boresighter in the past with less than stellar results.

http://sightmark.com/product.php?item=312&cat=75

That is what I ordered from Dawson Precision, it came recommended by them. We'll see if it holds up better to being more functional or if it'll simply just help in getting my rifles on paper.

Huh, turns out my boresighter came in on Friday and no one bothered to tell me about it until I asked. Guess I'll be doing some mucking about with it this evening. I'm consistently drilling 1-2" ragged holes at 15-21ft just 1" to the left of POA (not low-left). I'll report my findings this evening.

I'm not the best 25 yd bullseye shooter in the world (far from it), but I only do it with Glocks and I do it regularly. All of mine have the rear sight drifted right of center.

Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Just for general information, glock makes I believe 4 different height rear sights to adjust elevation. The marks on the right side of the sight indicate which each is.

My old g19 needed a slight windage tweek to get it shooting center for me. It showed up more noticeably when shooting at extended distances. Elevation was perfect, an inch-ish over the top of the sight @ 25 yards.

Banned
    All this is great guys but doesn't answer my question.

To adjust the sights on a Glock do I really just take a mallet and punch and tap the pin a fuzz to the right?

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Yes.

What he said.

You could also use something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EI1PCC2?psc=1

I have one and it comes it pretty handy for making gradual and precise windage changes.

User Tag List