Thread: Beaver Tail Options for Glock 19 Gen 3

Beaver Tail Options for Glock 19 Gen 3

I bought the Grip Force adapter sometime back and I want it to work for me but for some reason i just cannot get use to it. I have had it on and off the pistol 4 times because I want it to work. I've heard it allows you to get higher on the pistol which makes no sense to me. I can't see how adding material (even though it's very thin) helps you to get higher to the bore. The ribs IMH add some depth to the grip front to back that I don't particularly care for either. And, it just feels cheap. Maybe it's just me IDK.

Is their other beaver tail options for Gen 3's? Thoughts? Ideas?
    SCD

I really wanted my Grip Force Adapter to work for my G19 G3 too, but it gave me really bad blisters where the grip pin is.

Granted, my hand is bigger than that model was designed for, and if I'm not careful I'll over grip leading to bad glock knuckle. Everyone is running around getting custom grip reductions, and I'm all like, "how do I make this thing bigger?!" The only answer I've found so far is putting a large grip on a Gen4.

Quote Originally Posted by Dropkick View Post
    I really wanted my Grip Force Adapter to work for my G19 G3 too, but it gave me really bad blisters where the grip pin is.

Granted, my hand is bigger than that model was designed for, and if I'm not careful I'll over grip leading to bad glock knuckle. Everyone is running around getting custom grip reductions, and I'm all like, "how do I make this thing bigger?!" The only answer I've found so far is putting a large grip on a Gen4.
    Exactly, The pin and the area around the pin eats my hands up after a day of training. You can't smooth the area around the pin because it's too thin to work with and you can't smooth the edges of the end of the pin because the adapter will pop loose on one side or the other.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SC_Dave View Post
    I bought the Grip Force adapter sometime back and I want it to work for me but for some reason i just cannot get use to it. I have had it on and off the pistol 4 times because I want it to work. I've heard it allows you to get higher on the pistol which makes no sense to me. I can't see how adding material (even though it's very thin) helps you to get higher to the bore. The ribs IMH add some depth to the grip front to back that I don't particularly care for either. And, it just feels cheap. Maybe it's just me IDK.

Is their other beaver tail options for Gen 3's? Thoughts? Ideas?
    SCD
    I think that Robar has an option...

https://robarguns.com/custom-weapons...custom-glocks/

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    I think that Robar has an option...

https://robarguns.com/custom-weapons...custom-glocks/
    What he said!

I have a Robar-ized G19 and it's great! I'm not crazy about the trigger, but that's another issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    I'll third Robar. We had some work done on a Glock 21 that was outstanding. I have heard there might be some issues with their texturing, however.

Other companies will add a beaver tail as well, but I can't recall their names off the top of my head.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

User Tag List