Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: 9mm Outdoor Load ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I agree, and...

Some of the info in that article regarding JHP ammo may come from people who bought the cheapest box of holler points at The Walmart.

There's a big difference between cup and core and say, a Speer Gold Dot.
    I keep telling that to some friends and family, but the 'male pride' thing or something seems to get in the way.
    Yes, I refer them to this forum and Doc's work.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Some food for thought from Larry Mudgett's site. http://www.marksmanshipmatters.com/h...-in-the-woods/
    That was an excellent article, thank you for posting. There were several other very good reads on his site, and specifically the linked article below as it speaks to the broad topic of discussion in this thread.

Dangerous Predators Stopped with Handguns - by Larry Mudgett
    Last edited by StraitR; 05-19-2017 at 11:07 AM.

Change of scenery today:

Name:  IMG_5862.jpg
Views: 869
Size:  77.2 KB

First day I have not had my Langdon mod 4, since early Feb:

Name:  IMG_5863.jpg
Views: 901
Size:  51.6 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

It was time to change out my carry ammo anyway so I went over to Sportsman's Warehouse and grabbed 5 boxes of Critical Duty +p 9mm. I have already tried it out along with some other loads while looking for new carry ammo when I saw this thread. Next week some friends and I are going on a week-long camping/road trip so we'll be going back and forth between urban and quasi-remote areas so I was hoping to find something that would allow me to not have to change out ammo all the time as well as allowing me to have a pistol equipped with a light. With sales tax it worked out to right at $1/round. I advised my friends to pick some up as well for their pistols.

Also cleaned out Midway of Federal Vital-shok low recoil slugs for my 12gauge.

Bigghoss, You may want to find another place to purchase your 9mm defensive ammunition. I have purchased many cases of quality 9mm defensive ammunition over the years and I have never paid anywhere near $1 a round. I lost quite a few cases of it when my house flooded last August.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Bigghoss, You may want to find another place to purchase your 9mm defensive ammunition. I have purchased many cases of quality 9mm defensive ammunition over the years and I have never paid anywhere near $1 a round. I lost quite a few cases of it when my house flooded last August.
    Critical Duty is rather exceptionally expensive. Here it's $.72/round but you will be paying freight on it, depending how much you order. http://www.sgammo.com/product/hornad...low-point-9023

But we're not talking about large quantities (cases) anyway.

Buying it retail here, yeah it would be around a buck a round.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Yup. Good quality federal hst are about 25/box of 50.... Sometimes less
    Last edited by dpadams6; 06-05-2017 at 04:28 PM.

Everywhere I checked online (that had it in stock) was ~$22-23 per box of 25. $1/round was with sales tax. SGammo never came up on my search though. For testing I had ordered it from midway for $20/25 but they were out of stock. Oh well. At the end of the day this lesson only cost about $25 or so.

Other problem is I didn't have time to wait for shipping. I'm leaving on my trip in a few days.
    Last edited by Bigghoss; 06-05-2017 at 06:16 PM.

User Tag List