Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Atlanta area traffic advisory (part II)

Atlanta area traffic advisory (part II)

Several weeks ago, a fire caused a bridge to collapse on I-85 inside the perimeter (I-285 encircles Atlanta). I-85 going through Atlanta will be closed for several months.

This morning, a section of I-20 westbound has buckled between Flat Shoals Road and Gresham Road. This is just inside the perimeter east of downtown.

Atlanta traffic is seriously, seriously FUBAR and will be for months to come.

Please, let's not let this descend to the depths of the previous thread.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

How many crack heads did it take to down this one? Is there a reason they're so angry at Atlanta's travel infrastructure?
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Yeah, it was already a complete cluster.. mess. The normal construction schedules combined with these insults added to injury has created some serious problems for an already well overcrowded traffic (non)flow. FUBAR sums it up pretty well.

Site Supporter
    Sheesh -- I'm glad I don't have to commute to the perimeter anymore.

285 still seems the best route to the airport from the Northeast?

My family was in Atlanta on Easter Sunday for the Padres v. Braves game. Traffic was surprisingly not too bad, considering I came across I-20 to I-285 to US 41.

Root cause of the I-20 buckling was stated to be a gas line leak. If true, that suggests more issues as more parts of that gas line fail.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Please, let's not let this descend to the depths of the previous thread.
    Holler if it does.
    #RESIST

Damn that sucks.

Thank God for MARTA. I lived on Peachtree Street and could catch a bus to Arts Center, then ride the Red Line to the Airport for $2. Fortunately my work was North of me, so I was always going against the usual traffic patterns.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Thank God for MARTA.
    Until some dipwad comes up and opens fire.

At this rate, Atlanta's going to be isolated by the end of the year.
    Last edited by HCountyGuy; 04-17-2017 at 02:20 PM.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Site Supporter
    Don't forget that I75 was shut down this morning too for several hours when there was a chemical spill. 18 wheeler involved in wreck at 3AM, laid on side, and spilled liquid. HAZMAT called out. Of course, that truck was not supposed to be on 75 and should have bypassed on the 285 perimeter. This chemical spill was very close to the Georgia Tech dorms too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Tag List