Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: FN 509 enters the market...

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I don't have a horse in this race, but I greatly appreciate a no-BS perspective from someone actually involved with the design and production of a new weapon rather than the wild-eyed supposition that surrounds most product launches.

Thanks.

Okie John
    Steve Fisher was apparently involved and he posted this on Practically Tactical's Youtube Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpSovjvoNVw
    Last edited by jamautry; 04-26-2017 at 12:45 PM.

Shot one at my LGS today. Thoughts: same size as FNS, slide a tad wider. Barrel has a nice bulge at business end, I guess helps lockup. Trigger is about same as FNS, not has heavy as it sounded in the specs, maybe a bit more crisp. Grip texture works feels great, like the mag releases, easy to use thumb or index finger. Recoil was minimal. Hole in hole accurate at 10 yards or so- unreal. 6 Shot Bill drill, thing came alive and was easy to both rapid fire and keep on target.

I am gonna get one, can't wait to see what they have in store. I have always like the FNS size, G19 slide with G17 full grip.

Great job FN.
    Dave

It's amazing to me throughout the entire thread no mention is made of the slide release being designed as a slide stop only, no shelf and even the serrations on the lower half dont extend to the top, really chaps my ass.
    Last edited by CanineCombatives; 04-26-2017 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sellers View Post
    Someone smarter and wiser than me has said on this forum "I'll buy the gun that all the others are trying to beat"
    So, you bought an HK VP9?

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I wonder if in 1876 some cowboy leaned on a bar and said, "The Merwin-Hulbert is a Colt Peacemaker killer..."
    That was the Smith & Wesson Model 3 "Schofield". A gun intended to supersede the role of the 1873 Colt as the pistol of choice (and issue) of U.S. Army cavalrymen. And it didn't work...except to result in the Army issuing .45 Schofield ammunition broadly, because the Colt could chamber Schofield ammo or .45LC, whereas the Schofield couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    So, you bought an HK VP9?

Actually a P2000 chambered in 9 with the V2 LEM!

That was the Smith & Wesson Model 3 "Schofield". A gun intended to supersede the role of the 1873 Colt as the pistol of choice (and issue) of U.S. Army cavalrymen. And it didn't work...except to result in the Army issuing .45 Schofield ammunition broadly, because the Colt could chamber Schofield ammo or .45LC, whereas the Schofield couldn't.
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Just got a notification from Stoddard's that these are going on sale tomorrow in the two Atlanta area shops (limited supply). The email also states "There is only one store in the country that has them in-stock and ready for sale starting tomorrow morning." I wonder if that has anything to do the the NRA presence here in Atl? FN reps will also be at the Midtown shop all weekend for the 509 show and tell and free rentals if you are in the area and have interest. At least it appears they're dribbling out the pipe.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

If someone could ask a rep this question, it'd be nice: How often does the pistol need qualified armorer inspection to maintain factory warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    If someone could ask a rep this question, it'd be nice: How often does the pistol need qualified armorer inspection to maintain factory warranty?

Once a day per FN.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Once a day per FN.
    This is going to be FN's "Backwards Bullet" isn't it.
    Last edited by hufnagel; 04-28-2017 at 05:49 AM.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Question - why do more gun reviewers not do some ACTUAL accuracy testing at 25 yards? Virtually zero YouTube reviewers do any, and only a handful of magazines do anymore. If I'm connected enough to get pistols sent to me for review, I'd drop $1000 on a ransom rest and/or sand bags and do actual accuracy testing. Me seeing the gun cycle while some overweight bald guy shoots a bill drill in 5 seconds does nothing for me. Saying things like "Oh man this thang is a shooter!!!" while showing a mag dump at 10 yards that a magazine fed smooth bore musket pistol could shoot offers zero benefit. /off topic rant.
    Last edited by Kirk; 04-28-2017 at 08:53 AM.

User Tag List