Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: FN 509 enters the market...

Never tried an FNS, but have heard they were decent. I just hope FN gets its name out there better. For a company that's been around that long and has made some great weapons, not a lot of people even seem to know about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Paltares8 View Post
    Never tried an FNS, but have heard they were decent. I just hope FN gets its name out there better. For a company that's been around that long and has made some great weapons, not a lot of people even seem to know about them.
    In case you were curious what a couple statements in this thread were referring to, you can check out this thread: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....roke-my-FNS-9L

Site Supporter
    FN put on a demo three years ago at the county range. The FNS long slide .40 with Warren Sevigny sights had just been adopted by the Baltimore County PD and the rep had this pistol at the demo. That was my personal favorite handgun at the event to actually shoot. Price and service after the sale, to me, will separate the winners from the losers in the increasingly crowded SFP market. If FN prices competitively and provides first class service to institutional users, they could probably do well.

FN 509 enters the market...

Was it Ms. Tam who said uncommon guns are uncommon for a reason? I'm certainly not saying this FN is bad, just not sure what it does for Cletus and Lurline mo betta than a G17 or a M&P.

And it pains me to say, on the reviewer, I'm sure he's a good guy, but I have trouble listening to a guy who uses 'Nitch' and 'Ambidextrious'. Drives me nuts.
    Last edited by RJ; 04-17-2017 at 09:16 AM.

I know that there is a market for a 4" barrel with a full size frame, such as is seen in the Sig 320 carry model. But that has no appeal to me at all. If I am going to open carry a pistol, such as in a duty holster where concealment is not an issue, then give me the full size slide and barrel. If I am going to conceal the pistol, the grip is the hardest part to conceal, so give me a grip with an overall height around 5", like the Glock 19.

If they offer this with a 15 round magazine and it comes in at around 5" overall height, I may look at one in a gun store. But I will be concealing a Glock 19 when I'm there shopping...

"Born for combat"

pffffffft.

At least they're no longer using "more than 400,000 rounds of testing"
    "I'm checking out, somebody throw me in the trash"

t. Frank Reynolds - IASIP

Quote Originally Posted by SsevenN View Post
    "Born for combat"

pffffffft.

At least they're no longer using "more than 400,000 rounds of testing"
    It's now a million...

Attachment 15699
    Last edited by texasaggie2005; 04-17-2017 at 09:54 AM. Reason: added source

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    Man that's a lot of Certified FNH Armorer inspections.
    "I'm checking out, somebody throw me in the trash"

t. Frank Reynolds - IASIP

Zing!
    Shoot more, post less...

500 to be exact.... (1000000÷2000)

User Tag List