Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: FN 509 enters the market...

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    What spring weight are you running? I tried a 14# spring in a Gen 5 34 and it felt very good and ran very flat. The same set up in a Gen 5 17 felt too light.

Since you like the P10c I’ll let you know that the full-size P10 is on the way. A friend of mines department has selected the full-size as their next duty weapon. I’ll definitely be trying one when they finally ship.
    I’m not exactly sure what the weight of the spring that comes with the Sprinco RSA. I’ve meant to call and request a couple of weaker springs but I’ve been super busy with other things.

After this conversation I’ll call on Tuesday and have a discussion with them as well as order a few lighter springs.

Your observations are interesting about how well the spring runs with different pistols.

Whatever I find that works I’ll report back.

I don’t like the Sprinco Assembly is a three piece affair (rod, spring, bushing). I wish no bushing was required. Eventually, it will be that way as the Gen 4 and Gen 5 slowly supplant the Gen 3.

As for the full-size P-10... I cannot wait to see it. I have a P-09 that is a literal tack-driver. So I’m not sure I actually NEED it but it will be a fine pistol in its own right.

Maybe I sell a VP9 for one... yeah, I think so.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Yikes. Is that really that common? The g27 is probably the last Glock pistol I'd ever buy, but i'm surprised to hear that. I've never has RSAs break with the 9mm, .40 or .45 caliber glocks I've owned.
    While not common it is one of the weak spots of the design. I’d pay an additional $25 more for a milled stainless steel system.

Quote Originally Posted by pew_pew View Post
    The mag release does suck. It’s a really stupid design. And I’m not one to complain about mag releases. Euro style or button style I don’t care, you can make them all work. But with the 509 you can press the button and it might not release the mag.

I’m still going to buy one. As soon as these Apex trigger kits are out. Not going to deal with a 7lb trigger in 2018.
    Wait until the features of the 509 Tactical frame trickles down to the base model or purchase the 509 Tactical as it works as it was conceived as a design concept.

Now... does it do anything that it competitors do not? Outside of the modularity of mounting optics, no. But when does that stop people from purchasing a brand or model? It does not nor should it. As effective as Glocks are I’m glad that we have superb options.

I like the 509 and would like to purchase another (base pistol) when the frames are common between the Tactical and base pistol.

Vending Machine Operator
    Since you like the P10c I’ll let you know that the full-size P10 is on the way. A friend of mines department has selected the full-size as their next duty weapon. I’ll definitely be trying one when they finally ship.
    They selected a brand new, just released gun with no field record? Did they work with CZ on the testing process or something? I'm not saying it's a bad gun (maybe an awesome one), just that's a rather bold move.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Wait until the features of the 509 Tactical frame trickles down to the base model or purchase the 509 Tactical as it works as it was conceived as a design concept.

Now... does it do anything that it competitors do not? Outside of the modularity of mounting optics, no. But when does that stop people from purchasing a brand or model? It does not nor should it. As effective as Glocks are I’m glad that we have superb options.

I like the 509 and would like to purchase another (base pistol) when the frames are common between the Tactical and base pistol.

I thought about getting the tactical but I’d be paying for stuff I don’t like. Threaded barrels. Don’t like them. Would take a standard barrel over one even if the prices were the same. That weird rear sight cover I’m not a fan of. I do like the optic mounting system but it’ll never beat direct milling probably.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    They selected a brand new, just released gun with no field record? Did they work with CZ on the testing process or something? I'm not saying it's a bad gun (maybe an awesome one), just that's a rather bold move.
    I don’t know how much I’m supposed to say. This is second hand information but from a source involved. I was really surprised when I was told they selected it too. I don’t know how much testing they were involved in. The final two pistols were the 17.5 and the CZ. I know for a fact at least one of their pistol team guys runs a Shadow 2.

FN 509 enters the market...

I don’t know how much I’m supposed to say. This is second hand information but from a source involved. I was really surprised when I was told they selected it too. I don’t know how much testing they were involved in. The final two pistols were the 17.5 and the CZ. I know for a fact at least one of their pistol team guys runs a Shadow 2.
    I’ll state that I find the P-10C the most shootable polymer, striker-fired pistol.

The larger one should be even more so.

Night Fision makes great tritium sights and supposedly Ameri-Glo will be offering sights, too.
    So they could have done worse.

I think I’d prefer the “C” over the full-size pistol.

Last edited by Mjolnir; 09-03-2018 at 10:44 AM.

Apex just fixed the main gripe with this gun.

https://store.apextactical.com/WebDi...?categoryId=77

Yep that will be a must have on these 509's

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    The 509 Tactical addresses the issues:

(1) Magazine Release
    (2) Slide Catch/Release

The trigger is heavy but crisp.

The reset is longer than a lot of the latter day striker fired pistols but it is absolutely serviceable.

Very accurate pistol - that could be more accurate with a better trigger.

Very soft shooting, too!

I have installed the Tactical mag release button on my standard 509. Much easer to operate than the standard one. There is approximately 1mm more material on each release button versus the original one which was giving me fits at the range.

User Tag List