Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: FN 509 enters the market...

FWIW- to anyone still loving the 509 like myself, there is the potential for base pads, mag extension, and magwells to be released soon. Threaded barrel, comps, and dawson sights are in the works as well.
    Just a father trying to protect his family.

Anyone have a long term update on this?

Small Vid from Session

Just because i want to keep this thread relevant. Here is a quick vid from a recent session I did for my page. Working on recoil control with the 509. Its just different enough from Glock that I have to come up with a working method. This day my hands were smoked from pulling t-posts and it was 35 degrees. So hands werent the most functional. I have since added the flat backstrap and I really feel like that will be the final piece to the puzzle.

Wel crap. Cant seem to attach video. Anyways, if anyone is interested feel free to see it on my IG or FB page. Its the same as my screen name.

This past Friday I stopped in to say hello to my local fun store and they had a FDE FN 509.

On post 139 or so I mentioned the left side magazine release requiring one to depress it fully flush to pistol frame.

I asked to see the black 509 fully expecting it to be like the other 12 I've tested at various local stores and shows. It was the same and I thought, "Oh, well..."

Then I asked if they had any more in storage/inventory and they came back with a "negative" so I asked to see the FDE variant.

It worked as designed.

So I placed it on hold and will bring her home after the JMCK holster arrives.

Thank you, FN, Steve Fisher, TomV and everyone here who contributed to this thread.

Now to find out if AmeriGlo makes a similarly tall set of sights with their thin (0.120"), Lumi-Green front post...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had felt one up at my lgs the other day. Feels amazing in the hand, really liked the trigger. Controls functioned as intended. I really like my fns. This seems like the next step.

Are there any out with a safety yet? Also would love to see smaller version. This gun is a sleeper. Soft recoil, tracks great.

Site Supporter
    I have a blemished LE version being shipped to my LGS that were offered to firearms instructors/range officers for a reduced price. It should arrive next week and I hope to try it Easter weekend.

Site Supporter
    I recently bought a 509 and i enjoyed the first range session. I brought my FNS 9mm with me to compare the two. Felt recoil is a little different. I like both guns; i like the grip on both and the trigger pull was similar. I think the 509 slide is more robust and i wonder if the 509 duel recoil spring lessons wear and tear. I like the fact they have a disconnect safety.

I would like a 509 with a barrel length between 4.7 and 5.0 inches for police work and a small single stack 509 (Walther PPS M2 size). While mentioning what i want, can i also have a 509 with the current slide and a shorter frame that would accept ... say .. 15 round magazines?

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    This past Friday I stopped in to say hello to my local fun store and they had a FDE FN 509.

On post 139 or so I mentioned the left side magazine release requiring one to depress it fully flush to pistol frame.

I asked to see the black 509 fully expecting it to be like the other 12 I've tested at various local stores and shows. It was the same and I thought, "Oh, well..."

Then I asked if they had any more in storage/inventory and they came back with a "negative" so I asked to see the FDE variant.

It worked as designed.

So I placed it on hold and will bring her home after the JMCK holster arrives.

Thank you, FN, Steve Fisher, TomV and everyone here who contributed to this thread.

Now to find out if AmeriGlo makes a similarly tall set of sights with their thin (0.120"), Lumi-Green front post...

Walked into the store and they had a newer production CZ P-10C (slide plate change, etc.), stupendously crisp trigger with very little stacking and prickly sharp stippling. Decided to go that direction instead.

Sadly, the FN 509 experiment will have to wait...

User Tag List