Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: "Upgrade" to Gen 4 ?

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Made that much easier by the interchangeable magazines and holsters as well as the huge aftermarket.
    There's no other pistol of which I am aware that has more options available (other than grips, I guess) or is more fun with which to tinker around... and around... and around, and then be able to have it back to a carry configuration within minutes.

I just wanted to give an update. I scratched my buy something new itch by picking up a Beretta PX4 Compact.

I took it to my brother's to do some comparison shooting and I realized I really like my G19 Gen 3, not so much the PX4. I was not really all that impressed. No real increase in accuracy and I really dislike the handling of the PX4. I didn't even get the "new gun" bump up in accuracy that I usually get when I try out a new gun. It did like ammo that my training G19 hates (Speer Lawman) but the G19 spanked it on accuracy with its favorite ammo (UMC 115 gr). I had several BTF instances, but it was with the PX4, not my G19.

I am going to stick with my Gen 3 stable for now. I may reconsider if Glock releases a Gen 5 that makes some significant improvements.

But, now I have a PX4 that I am going to get rid of.... What should I get now?

Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter View Post
    I just wanted to give an update. I scratched my buy something new itch by picking up a Beretta PX4 Compact.

I took it to my brother's to do some comparison shooting and I realized I really like my G19 Gen 3, not so much the PX4. I was not really all that impressed. No real increase in accuracy and I really dislike the handling of the PX4. I didn't even get the "new gun" bump up in accuracy that I usually get when I try out a new gun. It did like ammo that my training G19 hates (Speer Lawman) but the G19 spanked it on accuracy with its favorite ammo (UMC 115 gr). I had several BTF instances, but it was with the PX4, not my G19.

I am going to stick with my Gen 3 stable for now. I may reconsider if Glock releases a Gen 5 that makes some significant improvements.

But, now I have a PX4 that I am going to get rid of.... What should I get now?
    lol wait, you got btf with a px4? Shit, start a thread and watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    lol wait, you got btf with a px4? Shit, start a thread and watch the world burn.
    I don't want to stir up trouble but yes, I did. Three times brass beaned me/bounced off my hat brim. All 3 when I was shooting the Beretta and all 3 were from WWB I bought at Academy. The Lawman and UMC round that I was also using did not.

That combined with the shorter bbl (read LOUD), magazine pinching my hand on reloads, hurting my hand on slide manipulations (sharp edges on safety/decocker), occasionally needing to bump the slide closed on a reload and no significant improvement in accuracy to my G19 is why I am sending it down the road.

I will admit it took less concentration (trigger control) in SA on the PX4 than it took to get equal accuracy on the G19. However, it took significantly more for that first shot.

Now I have to decide if I want to get a Beretta 92F to play with (I miss the one I used to have) or get something else like a nice S&W 66/67/60 if I can find one.

User Tag List