Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Upgrade" to Gen 4 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter View Post
    That is kind of what I was leaning towards.

So do you think the Gen 4 improvements are worth trying it at least?
    Sure. I don't think the GEN4 is lightyears ahead of the GEN3, but they're just a little bit more accurate, I like the grip texture just a little bit better, and I like the beavertail option. Given a choice between a GEN3 and a GEN4, I'll spend money on a GEN4. But I didn't throw out my GEN3s either, and I wasn't an early adopter of the GEN4.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

To the OP: I will admit that the Gen4 G17 I bought a month or two back is the best shooting Glock I own...and I love the way it fits my hand.

(But I've not yet convinced myself to upgrade my Gen2 19 nor Gen2.5 26, but even if I ever do I won't get rid of the old ones as they've been faithful companions for too long and I've made that mistake once before.)
    Last edited by blues; 04-15-2017 at 08:11 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    You should get a 19m when they're out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have informed my wife I want a 19m for Christmas.

I don't have one myself but you might look into a Grip Force Adapter.

On the trigger, a minus or dot connector might be worth a try.

The Gen3s 19s I have continue to run with boring reliability. I have no idea how yours are performing but I am very reluctant to trade away a proven commodity.

I do have a Gen4 17. It is still in the "evaluating" stage moving to "trusted". The grip texture and mag release are slight improvements but nowhere near nice enough to make me give up a working Gen3.

My Gen3 Glock 19 has been retire by Gen4 19's. I've grown to like the trigger, magazine release, texture, increase in accuracy, and grip adapters better. I haven't sold off my gen 3 gun as I'm not strapped for cash. But I greatly prefer the Gen4. Edison better.

I went Gen4 and went back to Gen3. A Gen3 with a minus connector shoots best for me. I had all sorts of accuracy/consistency problems when I went Gen 4. Drop a match barrel in a 3 and it shoots just like a 4.

A Gen4 feels best in my hand, but I just shoot better with the 3s I have. It could have been the one 34 I owned, but it shot all ober the left half of anything I shot at.
    Last edited by M2CattleCo; 04-15-2017 at 10:30 PM.

I've got a few Gen 4s currently (and a lone G2 19); have had several G3s in the past. Slight difference for me in the accuracy department. And I mean slight. Only really noticeable last 20-25 yards when using good ammo and shooting for score on say a NRA B8. I do like the G4 mag release better. The changeable backstraps are nice, though I don't like the beaver tail grips. Texture is definitely better on the G4s. It's worth picking up one to try but don't expect world changing difference. Love my Berettas and other hammer guns but I'm actually considering picking up a G3 19 & 17 to build as my "ideal" Glocks. Both will have Gadgets...
    Shoot more, post less...

I recently dove into Gen 4s after having a stable of reliable gen 3s. While I did I see a small accuracy increase with the Gen 4s overall they were basically no different.
    Last edited by secondstoryguy; 04-15-2017 at 11:36 PM.

Site Supporter
    I would not hesitate to sell a Gen3 to fund a Gen4. Actually, I just bought another Gen4 G19 a couple of weeks ago and I need to sell a Gen3 to pay myself back for that gun.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

addressing the original question: Did Glock get that (is it random?) brass to the face issue worked out of the Gen 4 19's? I definitely prefer the 4's due to the same aforementioned baby hands issue, but I shoot a 23 or 27 (yep, love me some .40). If you like the feel of the 3 and want a better shooter, maybe get an aftermarket barrel? Should be quite a bit cheaper and definitely capable of tighter groups.

User Tag List