Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AAR: Kyle Defoor Two Day Concealed Pistol 4/8-9/17

AAR: Kyle Defoor Two Day Concealed Pistol 4/8-9/17

Kyle puts on a fantastic class.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

43: Great in depth review.....well done....thanks!
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Enjoyed the review. Thank you!
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Eye opening for me to say the least...I learned that blazer brass 115 grain WILL NOT, repeat, WILL NOT group at 25 yards. KD4 gave me a few mags of his .gov 9mm ammo and it cut the group size in half. The sights on both of my 19's needed to be drifted right and it brought my groups where they needed to be. As others have said and will continue to say if you can train with Kyle do so, do not hesitate in signing up. He was very approachable, willing to share any info he had and is a great instructor.
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Quote Originally Posted by jca1386 View Post
    Eye opening for me to say the least...I learned that blazer brass 115 grain WILL NOT, repeat, WILL NOT group at 25 yards. KD4 gave me a few mags of his .gov 9mm ammo and it cut the group size in half. The sights on both of my 19's needed to be drifted right and it brought my groups where they needed to be. As others have said and will continue to say if you can train with Kyle do so, do not hesitate in signing up. He was very approachable, willing to share any info he had and is a great instructor.
    Thanks for the positive feedback guys.

I trained with Kyle once and would do so again. My blog partner John just finds that what Kyle teaches clicks with him.

In my class last year, I discovered the same thing about Blazer Brass (in my case, 124 grain). Kyle lent me ammo for all of the longer range shooting we did. Great guy.

Good topic re;ammo -

I had an issue in one class, years ago where I was shooting Tula and getting shitty groups at 25y. It wasn't me, it was the ammo.

I since started bringing a box or two of really good and consistent ammo, like federal white box or lawman type for the accuracy standards and cheap stuff for the rest of the class. I prefer this as at 7 yards accuracy isn't really different on higher end ammo vs cheap ammo but at 25 y you will clearly see a difference.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Good topic re;ammo -

I had an issue in one class, years ago where I was shooting Tula and getting shitty groups at 25y. It wasn't me, it was the ammo.

I since started bringing a box or two of really good and consistent ammo, like federal white box or lawman type for the accuracy standards and cheap stuff for the rest of the class. I prefer this as at 7 yards accuracy isn't really different on higher end ammo vs cheap ammo but at 25 y you will clearly see a difference.
    Absolutely. He said blazer is notoriously horrible past 7 yards. Speer and WWB has been good.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jca1386 View Post
    Absolutely. He said blazer is notoriously horrible past 7 yards. Speer and WWB has been good.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Damn. I just picked up Blazer Brass for a Pannone class in two weeks.

It must be gun dependent that Blazer brass works or not. I just shot a 3.5" group at 25 yards benching my Gen 4 Glock 19 on Tuesday. I shot a bunch of other groups with the largest at 25 yards being under 6" and probably average for 8 5 shot groups around 4-4.5" This was with standard G19 with gen3 smooth face trigger bar and .25 cent polish job but standard connector and iron sights.

User Tag List