Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Week 212: New IDPA Classifier

Not happy with my performance on this. Very discouraged with my WHO and 20 yard line shooting, very frustrated that I am still fucking locking the slide with my SH thumb. Extra frustrated that I get so rattled when trying to follow fairly simple instructions during a new drill. I also broke the rules on the Stage 3 String one - I didn't apply the use of cover correctly, sigh.
    Oh and I got about halfway through this fucking thing before realizing I had forgotten to verbally document my scores on almost every run, fuck, mental fatigue really worked agaisnt me today, not trying to excuse my performance, I was actually happy with many of the strings.
    Lastly, I should not take on "new" stuff after a work day, my competitive spirit and mental alacrity are just not there. I will be running this again on the weekend if I have my way about it. Probably won't even see a performance improvement as "long" drills like this punish me - I get more nervous the closer I get to the end on them and mentally fuck myself over.

Pistol, holster, and concealment (optional) used: P30L LEM w/ TLR-1 HL / KSG Armory Custom AIWB
    Raw time: 90.31
    Points down: A soul crushing -8
    Total Score: A just throw me in the trash 98.31

"I'm checking out, somebody throw me in the trash"

t. Frank Reynolds - IASIP

Pistol used glock 34, holster comp-tac owb no concealment.
    Need to slow down on the close stuff. Too many down 1s. Really rushed the long shots, and paid for it.

Pistol, holster, and concealment (optional) used: P229, kydex OWB, concealment/button down shirt
    Raw time: 76.19
    Points down: 13
    Total Score: 89.19

Like SsevenN I've never shot in a competition, so I hope I did things the "right" way. I watched Mr_White's video and just did what he did, or at least tried to. The last stages KILLED me. While I've never shot USPSA/IDPA I've listened to a bunch of podcasts and read a bunch about exploding from positions. Well, I exploded alright...as I was reloading TWICE. I caught myself both times and scrambled back to reload behind cover. I didn't get far, only a step or two, but it really added to my times I think and I know I rushed the follow up shots. Didn't have any crazy misses and most of them were just outside the "0" zone (trying to make myself feel better), but had too many for sure and a miss is a miss. I hope to run this again and post a better score now that I've got an idea how to do things a little differently. Thanks for posting this Mr_White!

I shot this twice today. First with my Gen 3 G-17 and a Blade-Tech holster, no concealment. I set it up the way it is described in the most recent IDPA Rule Book. Raw time: 67.00 seconds, 26 points down for a final score of 93.00

Then I shot My Gen 3 G-19. Raw time: 68.19, 23 points down for a final score of 91.19.

Way, way, way too many points down. These are very low Expert scores. I used to shoot the old Classifier in the high Expert, low Master range. To me, the new classifier is much harder. I expect I should work on my accuracy.

User Tag List