Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Week 212: New IDPA Classifier

Week 212: New IDPA Classifier

Week 212: New IDPA Classifier

Results may be posted until May 14th, 2017.

Designed by: IDPA
    Range: 5-20 yards
    Target: Three IDPA targets at staggered heights (6', 4', 5' from left to right)
    Start position: Hands at sides unless otherwise specified
    Rounds fired: 72

This is IDPA's newly-revised course of fire to determine appropriate classification for IDPA competition. More generally, it is a reasonably broad test than can serve as an ongoing benchmark of skill over time, and allow direct comparison to many other shooters, including up to the highest levels.

You'll need two barricades at the 15 yard line spaced seven feet apart, and a barricade at the 20 yard line.

[img]New IDPA Classifier Range Setup by OrigamiAK, on Flickr[/img]

Stage 1 (All strings at 7 yard line)
    String 1 (12 rounds) - Start holstered and loaded with exactly six rounds total. Draw and shoot 2 rounds to each body, reload from slidelock, and shoot 2 rounds to each head.
    String 2 (6 rounds) - Draw and shoot 2 rounds to each body strong hand only.
    String 3 (6 rounds) - Start with gun in weak hand only ready. Shoot 2 shots to each body, weak hand only.

Stage 2 (5 and 10 yard line)
    String 1 (12 rounds) - Start at the 10 yard line holstered and loaded with exactly six rounds total, and facing uprange. Turn, draw, shoot 2 to each body, reload from slidelock, and shoot 2 to each body.
    String 2 (6 rounds) - Start at the 10 yard line. Draw and advance toward targets, shoot 2 to each body on the move before passing the 5 yard line.
    String 3 (6 rounds) - Start at 5 yard line. Draw and retreat away from targets, shoot 2 to each body on the move before passing the 10 yard line.

Stage 3 (15 and 20 yard line)
    String 1 (12 rounds) - Start behind the barricade at the 20 yard line, holstered and loaded with exactly six rounds total. Draw and shoot 2 rounds to each body from whichever side of the barricade you prefer, reload from slidelock and behind cover, advance to whichever barricade you prefer at the 15 yard line, and shoot 2 rounds to each body from the inside of that barricade.

String 2 (12 rounds) - Start behind whichever barricade you prefer at the 15 yard line, holstered and loaded with exactly six rounds total. Draw and shoot 2 rounds to each body from the inside of your current barricade, reload from slidelock and behind cover, move to the other 15 yard barricade, and shoot 2 rounds to each body from the inside of that barricade.

Concealment is optional. Targets can be engaged in any order, except from behind the barricades on Stage 3, where targets must be engaged in the order in which they appear to the shooter as they lean out from the barricades. 100% of shooter's lower body and 50% of shooter's upper body must be behind barricade. All shots are to the body unless specified to the head.

Scoring: Limited Vickers (no makeup shots are allowed.) Your score is your time, plus penalties. One point down = one second added to your time. Misses are 5 points down. Designated head shots that hit the body count as misses. Designated body shots that hit the head are scored. Add up your raw time and penalties to determine your total score. NOTE: There is now a 4" circle in the head, which is a -0 zone. Everywhere else in the head box is a -1 zone. Feel free to draw or otherwise add a 4" circle to the head if your target does not have one.

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:

Pistol, holster, and concealment (optional) used
    Raw time
    Points down
    Total Score

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Question Re: Week 212: New IDPA Classifier

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    You'll need two barricades at the 15 yard line spaced seven feet apart, and a barricade at the 20 yard line.
    Looking at the picture, I'm confused. It appears that the pair of barricades are down-range of the single barricade. Are the distances measured from the target or from the firing line?

Quote Originally Posted by 52Hubcap View Post
    Looking at the picture, I'm confused. It appears that the pair of barricades are down-range of the single barricade. Are the distances measured from the target or from the firing line?
    The targets are at the 0 yard line.

The two barrel stacks are at the 15 yard line (15 yards uprange of the targets) and spaced 7 feet apart from each other.

The tall single barricade is at the 20 yard line (20 yards uprange of the targets) and centered with the center target.

Here is a video of me shooting the New IDPA Classifier from some months back. I really shot above my head on this one...it might help answer some of the range layout and procedural questions though. Let me know if you have any more!

Lord of the Food Court

Never shot an IDPA match in my life. (or any other match for that matter)

This reads as pretty challenging, definitely in.
    "I'm checking out, somebody throw me in the trash"

t. Frank Reynolds - IASIP

Targets can be engaged in any order, except from behind the barricades on Stage 3, where targets must be engaged in the order in which they appear to the shooter as they lean out from the barricades. 100% of shooter's lower body and 50% of shooter's upper body must be behind barricade.
    Not using fault lines in this one like the official rules say?

(I actually preferred the old rules myself, so no problem with that. Just checking.)

Sent from my Infernal Contraption using Tapatalk
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Tony1911 View Post
    Not using fault lines in this one like the official rules say?

(I actually preferred the old rules myself, so no problem with that. Just checking.)

Sent from my Infernal Contraption using Tapatalk
    Nope, I don't have any fault lines and didn't really try to create any.

They also say no AIWB, so you know...
    Lord of the Food Court

IDPA has a ban on AIWB?

What's the logic in that?

Fishing vests for all eh?

gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by SsevenN View Post
    IDPA has a ban on AIWB?

What's the logic in that?

Fishing vests for all eh?
    Just don't get me started LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

So much has already been written.
    Lord of the Food Court

Just don't get me started LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

So much has already been written.
    If you are bored or have a free minute, feel free to drag up a link or two to posts you've written on the subject, I'm sure it would be an interesting read.

User Tag List