Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ruger LCR 9mm Review

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Dude, that's not cool. Not that you don't have buttocks. That you posted that you don't have buttocks.
    I guess he suffers from a different form of assnosis?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Dude, that's not cool. Not that you don't have buttocks. That you posted that you don't have buttocks.
    Don't make it weird, bro...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    I have the Eagle SS for the LCR. They're just ok. They're just slightly longer than the grip frame peg and they are SLICK. The OEM grips (in any of the Tamer configurations) go a LONG WAY towards recoil impulse control. When you replace it with something that is relatively inflexible like wood, it's not that awesome. It really cuts into your concentration after a few cylinders full. I put my OEM's back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do you think having the tamer grips covered in a rubberized grip tape that isn't 'tacky' would be a decent comprimise between the two?

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Do you think having the tamer grips covered in a rubberized grip tape that isn't 'tacky' would be a decent comprimise between the two?
    Possibly? I'm thinking about getting some of the Badgers and putting that Brownells spray grit on them.

That's what I did for the boot grip. I bought a sheet of Talon Grips rubber material to put in certain places.

Site Supporter
    It appears that Crimson Trace now has a boot grip version of their LaserGrip for the LCR. Reviews on their own website are mixed (high marks to Crimson Trace for openness and honesty), and it is currently out of stock. The combination of those last two facts makes me wonder if perhaps a redesign is in the works.

My biggest objection to the LCR in the past had been the huge grip size as compared to a J frame. Given this development plus other options posted in this thread, this objection appears to be disappearing.

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Not by VZ, but there are options:

https://www.eaglegrips.com/ruger-lcr...ps-smooth.html

https://www.badgercustomgrips.com/cu...-lcr-boot.html

https://www.badgercustomgrips.com/cu...ingerless.html

I'm curious how compatable these are with the moon clips, personally speaking.
    Thanks. I think I had found the Eagle grips a few years ago and forgotten. Good catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    Possibly? I'm thinking about getting some of the Badgers and putting that Brownells spray grit on them.
    http://shopruger.com/Hogue-LCR-Banta...uctinfo/19927/

I thought that this bantam grip was smooth, with the rubberized treatment only on the front and back straps. Would that not be the best of both worlds, or am I missing something?
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List