Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AAR: Kyle Defoor Two Day Concealed Pistol 4/8-9/17

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    It must be gun dependent that Blazer brass works or not. I just shot a 3.5" group at 25 yards benching my Gen 4 Glock 19 on Tuesday. I shot a bunch of other groups with the largest at 25 yards being under 6" and probably average for 8 5 shot groups around 4-4.5" This was with standard G19 with gen3 smooth face trigger bar and .25 cent polish job but standard connector and iron sights.

I won't deny that, It's probably very gun dependent but in his experience he's seen that ammo perform the worst out of the stuff that folks bring to class.
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Quote Originally Posted by jca1386 View Post
    I won't deny that, It's probably very gun dependent but in his experience he's seen that ammo perform the worst out of the stuff that folks bring to class.
    So you are saying Defoor has experienced bad grouping with Blazer brass? It sounded like you had bad grouping with it at Defoor training and switched to see an improvement. When you repeated WILL NOT twice it sounded like an absolute statement.

So you are saying Defoor has experienced bad grouping with Blazer brass? It sounded like you had bad grouping with it at Defoor training and switched to see an improvement. When you repeated WILL NOT twice it sounded like an absolute statement.
    He recommended staying away from it. I shot several 25 yard groups with it and could not get it to group very well. I then shot a few more groups with his .gov issue ammo and it tightened the groups up. He walked down the line and asked me what ammo I was using and when I said blazer brass his reply was "that's your problem it won't group for shit"

Everyone has good and bad experience with a certain ammo. Going off of what Kyle said, I saw the change in between strings with the new ammo.

That's it

Thanks for clarifying. I just bought 2000 rounds of Blazer brass 115 and was having some sight issues. I tried it in a couple of guns and worked ok. After changing the sights I got the gun to shoot well. Granted that is only 3 guns but I am not a good group shooter particularly at 25 yards. I'll have to try out some different ammo and see if it helps tighten things up.

Thanks for clarifying. I just bought 2000 rounds of Blazer brass 115 and was having some sight issues. I tried it in a couple of guns and worked ok. After changing the sights I got the gun to shoot well. Granted that is only 3 guns but I am not a good group shooter particularly at 25 yards. I'll have to try out some different ammo and see if it helps tighten things up.
    Absolutely, glad I could clear it up. I finished day 2 with aguila 115 grain and it was definitely a harder cycling ammo and I noticed a much tighter grouping. The aguila seems like solid ammo, I am going to try speer lawman as my next go to. I like the thought of my range/training ammo being the same weight as my carry ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by jca1386 View Post
    He recommended staying away from it. I shot several 25 yard groups with it and could not get it to group very well. I then shot a few more groups with his .gov issue ammo and it tightened the groups up. He walked down the line and asked me what ammo I was using and when I said blazer brass his reply was "that's your problem it won't group for shit"

Everyone has good and bad experience with a certain ammo. Going off of what Kyle said, I saw the change in between strings with the new ammo.

That's it
    This mirrors my experience last June in Kyle's class.

Speer Lawman 124 is my go-to training/practice and class ammo. SGAmmo has great prices.

Mr. Defoor is one of a few instructors that I will actively seek out months in advance. I greatly enjoy his classes, and I feel his mindset and now medical briefs during his classes are as valuable to me, if not more so, than the actual shooting portion. Fantastic instructor.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Speer Lawman 124 is my go-to training/practice and class ammo. SGAmmo has great prices.

Mr. Defoor is one of a few instructors that I will actively seek out months in advance. I greatly enjoy his classes, and I feel his mindset and now medical briefs during his classes are as valuable to me, if not more so, than the actual shooting portion. Fantastic instructor.
    Months is putting it mildly. My friend who wrote the AAR registered for this class back in early August. It sold out in under 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by 43Under View Post
    Months is putting it mildly. My friend who wrote the AAR registered for this class back in early August. It sold out in under 24 hours.
    Yep. I missed out on his handgun class in NC this past March. Was able to take his NC Carbine that he hosted last October. One class I really want to take is his Scoped Rifle but he only does those a few times a year, and never in my area.
    Shoot more, post less...

User Tag List