Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Holsters that work with a Tucked Shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Actually my suggestion is such a gun in a pocket holster. I find that access to the gun is much better, particularly with dress slacks with vertical pocket openings. People tend to expect pockets to be used to carry stuff, so as long as the bulge is not gun-shaped, it will go unnoticed.

The only disadvantage is in a workplace where one might be asked to empty their pockets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill,

Do you find AIWB not to conceal well for you? I ask because many people who can't AIWB pocket carry. That may be a natural progression to just get a smaller pistol for the pocket. But some say they can pocket carry a certain pistol but not AIWB it.

For me, pocket carry prints like I have a G19 in my pocket even if it is a small pocket pistol. What I found strange is that I can conceal AIWB without buying a larger shirt. Just my shape I guess. Tucking the shirt actually makes the grip of a G19 disappear even more. What of course doesn't work is that the thickness of the gun looks like I have a gun down my pants. What is odd is that the G43 does not. I find it odd because it really isn't that much thinner.
    Last edited by JustOneGun; 04-27-2017 at 11:41 AM.
    What you do right before you know you're going to be in a use of force incident, often determines the outcome of that use of force.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Since I am business casual 5-6 days/week, I find that owning a lot of sweaters and lightweight sweater vests to be really helpful for concealing the gun in cooler weather.
    I've used the same approach, and for some 30 years.

It does indeed help to have a large selection of cardigan sweater vests and lightweight tailored leather vests.

Even in summertime, lightweight dress and high quality dress-casual vests are pretty much "invisible" to others, if properly coordinated with the rest of one's attire.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Site Supporter

Holsters that work with a Tucked Shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by JustOneGun View Post
    Bill,

Do you find AIWB not to conceal well for you? I ask because many people who can't AIWB pocket carry. That may be a natural progression to just get a smaller pistol for the pocket. But some say they can pocket carry a certain pistol but not AIWB it.

For me, pocket carry prints like I have a G19 in my pocket even if it is a small pocket pistol. What I found strange is that I can conceal AIWB without buying a larger shirt. Just my shape I guess. Tucking the shirt actually makes the grip of a G19 disappear even more. What of course doesn't work is that the thickness of the gun looks like I have a gun down my pants. What is odd is that the G43 does not. I find it odd because it really isn't that much thinner.
    I have never tried AIWB. When I am wearing a jacket, sweater, or untucked shirt, traditional IWB works just fine. I have tried at least a half dozen tuckable IWB holsters, and found that anyone who thinks their gun is concealed that way is as badly deceived as the Emporer with his New Clothes. That experience has not led me to believe that AIWB will be any different.

I have tried a small revolver at 12:00 in a belly band. It made me look like I had a gut.

A tuckable holster also means getting the shirt out of the way to draw. With my belt tight enough to hold up a gun, clearing a tucked in shirt would be impeded.

I carried daily in NPE's for about 10 years before becoming self-employed. In that environment, a tiny .380 in a pocket worked best. There were times when I had spotted danger and had my hand on my gun while my colleagues, who were walking next to me, had no idea.

As I type this, I am carrying a G26 in a pocket Aholster. Relaxed fit, pleated pants go a long way to minimizing printing. A well designed pocket holster also helps. While I would not call the G26 in a pocket NPE worthy, something like A G43 would likely meet that standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BillSWPA; 04-27-2017 at 12:40 PM.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List