Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Holsters that work with a Tucked Shirt?

Thanks all for the advice. My T100 and utiliclip should get here today so I am going to try that route next. I will see if the Aholster prints a little less when it comes in and report back with some pictures. So far in my week of carry with the superfly no one has noticed so perhaps I am over thinking this. It just bothers me since I can see it fairly clearly, but of course I know what I am looking for. The JM Custom may be the next experiment if the T100 and Aholster fail.

As some of you have asked it is %100 legal to carry where I am. I just want to keep as low of profile as possible especially in the work place.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Thanks all for the advice. My T100 and utiliclip should get here today so I am going to try that route next. I will see if the Aholster prints a little less when it comes in and report back with some pictures. So far in my week of carry with the superfly no one has noticed so perhaps I am over thinking this. It just bothers me since I can see it fairly clearly, but of course I know what I am looking for. The JM Custom may be the next experiment if the T100 and Aholster fail.

As some of you have asked it is %100 legal to carry where I am. I just want to keep as low of profile as possible especially in the work place.
    When you get the Aholster, round off the end of the top hook by the rear sight with a nail file or some sandpaper. It will still serve its purpose equally well that way, but will be far less likely to poke a hole in your pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Here's a link to the review I did of the prototype. I'm currently using the same set up for a G43.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....le-AIWB-review

I missed that review initially. Thanks for posting it again. If I decide to get a tuckable it will be a JMCK. That split velcro would definitely be needed to place the pistol in the correct place.
    What you do right before you know you're going to be in a use of force incident, often determines the outcome of that use of force.

Site Supporter
    Congratulations on getting your MD wear and carry permit. My son moved to downtown Baltimore last summer. After reading what constitutes "good and sufficient reason" for issuance there, I told him not to even bother applying at this time since it would not be required for his job or having documented threats against him. Interested in hearing how your conceal carry odyssey works out for you especially being in a generally NPE state.

When I have to carry with a tucked shirt, I use a Glock 43 in a Crossbreed modular bellyband. There's no external clips since it's a belly band.

Years ago I regularly NPE-carried a Kahr PM9 in a Smartcarry. The Smartcarry is less comfortable than tucked IWB, but there's also a lower likelihood someone else will bump into you and accidentally find out you're carrying.
    Last edited by CleverNickname; 04-25-2017 at 09:54 PM.

OP look at some of the AIWB tuckable holsters, JM customs, dara, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    Sure, around random oblivious people at the store. If you see the same people everyday they will notice everything about your attire whether you realize it or not.
    I think you are vastly over estimating the average person's awareness of what is going on.

if someone does say something just bs and say its a cell phone clip, etc. and avert the conversation, I carry every day in an appendix rig with a tucked in polo.

Holsters that work with a Tucked Shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Nimitz87 View Post
    OP look at some of the AIWB tuckable holsters, JM customs, dara, etc.

I think you are vastly over estimating the average person's awareness of what is going on.

if someone does say something just bs and say its a cell phone clip, etc. and avert the conversation, I carry every day in an appendix rig with a tucked in polo.
    The idea that "nobody has caught me yet, so no one ever will" is half the reason Trex arms ("concealment", bro) is the retarded cousin of the kydex benders. By that logic, if you've never had to pull your gun on someone, skip carrying entirely cuz you won't ever need to.
    Last edited by BobLoblaw; 04-26-2017 at 05:54 AM.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    The idea that "nobody has caught me yet, so no one ever will" is half the reason Trex arms ("concealment", bro) is the retarded cousin of the kydex benders. By that logic, if you've never had to pull your gun on someone, skip carrying entirely cuz you won't ever need to.
    I have no idea what you're talking about, especially the last point about not carrying if I haven't had to draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimitz87 View Post
    I have no idea what you're talking about, especially the last point about not carrying if I haven't had to draw.
    You said no one has caught me, insinuating that is your litmus test, which is a logical fallacy. You can get by 99.999% but if you get caught once, you're fucked. Same with getting into gunfights.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    When I have to carry with a tucked shirt, I use a Glock 43 in a Crossbreed modular bellyband. There's no external clips since it's a belly band.

Years ago I regularly NPE-carried a Kahr PM9 in a Smartcarry. The Smartcarry is less comfortable than tucked IWB, but there's also a lower likelihood someone else will bump into you and accidentally find out you're carrying.
    [points to strange bulge on crotch from smartcarry] "What is that?"
    "My penis."
    End of conversation. HR won't even touch that subject. IWB, you might not be so lucky.

User Tag List