Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Holsters that work with a Tucked Shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Crossfaced View Post
    Not 100% concealed but matching the belt color it's pretty hard to tell.
    Sure, around random oblivious people at the store. If you see the same people everyday they will notice everything about your attire whether you realize it or not.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

A Smartcarry knockoff has worked for me with that kind of attire, both with a Beretta Nano and a Sig SP2022. I was surprised at how well the Sig concealed. If you go that route, I'd recommend also getting a trigger guard cover like the Raven Concealment Vanguard. The material of a Smartcarry can allow the trigger to be pulled through the holster, so attaching a trigger guard cover gives a better margin of safety. Going with dark colored pleated pants should allow for good concealment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I recently got my MD carry permit and for the first time in my life I am able to carry every day. Despite shooting 500+ rnds a week training for competitions I am finding myself a bit lost in the CCW world. I work in an office and wear kakis and a tucked button up shirt every day. This environment really seems to limit my carry options. So far I have been carrying a G43 in a pocket holster, it works well enough but it definitely prints and I would like to get something IWB to get use of my pocket back. I would appreciate any advice.

Do you have any experience with AIWB? Does it work for you?
    What you do right before you know you're going to be in a use of force incident, often determines the outcome of that use of force.

I went to JMCKs website I did not see a tucked version. Does anyone have pictures or a review?

I went ahead and order an aholster for $30, figured at that price an extra holster can't hurt.

I found the link at JMCKs http://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/AIWB-TUCKABLE.html

I have never tried AIWB but I am not opposed to it. I'm 6' 195lbs so I have a small gut that may get in the way, but I am working on that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    Sure, around random oblivious people at the store. If you see the same people everyday they will notice everything about your attire whether you realize it or not.
    Agreed. Any belt attachment that goes over the outside of a belt will be noticed.

I've been thinking about messing around with a Velcro backed belt and Comp-Tac's V-Clip, but I haven't gotten around to it.

Quote Originally Posted by JustOneGun View Post
    I disagree with most people's fear of tucked in carry. If you can AIWB then tucked in is just as if not easier than untucked. I can conceal my G19 with a t-shirt or button up. Drawing a non-stretch button up takes some experimenting. The shirt must blouse loosely enough to get the shirt tail out of the way. Drawing is a bit slower, but if one were to just practice that draw it would come along quickly. I live in the middle of no where so I've been practicing with my AIWB 2.0 from JMCK. No one has asked what those clips are for. LOL. It works well but the draw is different. Grabbing the blouse over the pistol is most consistent for me.

For an office you would need a special made holster obviously. JMCK has a tucked holster version for the 43. If I switch fully I will probably stick with a G19. I think Tony says he will make one if you ask.
    A whole lot of people have tried tucked-in AIWB carry (myself included) and it doesn't work well if you're trying to look professional. If one tucked shirt tail is pointed down and the other is being pulled to the side due to the bulge of the holster, it creates a hinge at your bottom button and bunches your bottom-most portion of shirt material over the holster more than the other side. It's hard to explain but the uneven-ness is very obvious unless your whole shirt is bloused like a slob. However, if no one is noticing the clips, I doubt they'll notice anything else. I never recommend tucked in AIWB to anyone because I've yet to see anyone pull it off with flying colors. Smart carry or strong side with a jacket are much safer options.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Those V-Clips look promising, if the two holster I have on order don't work for me I may try that next.

Tuckable AIWB with zero visibility possible depending on how you attach the cord to the belt. A little non-traditional but excels for non permissive environments (like the entire state of MD).

https://www.amazon.com/MIC-Holster-G.../dp/B00X3KYMU8

I have used this expensively with Glock 23's and 19's, never with a 43 but should be even more concealable. I like that the gun can be floated around a bit for comfort, especially when seated.
    Last edited by GuanoLoco; 04-13-2017 at 10:44 AM.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Site Supporter
    I have tried at least a half dozen tuckable holsters. The belt attachment is always a giveaway. A Velcro attachment that is 100% behind the belt may (or may not) work, but tucking in the shirt would still create a gun-shaped bulge. I gave up on the tuckable idea a long time ago, and would absolutely never trust a tuckable holster to go undiscovered in a NPE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List