Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The gimp's reloading adventures

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    nah, OP knows.
    Copy. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    nah, OP knows.
    OP is consumed with worry and fear over one of his friend's diminishing shooting ability
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    OP is consumed with worry and fear over one of his friend's diminishing shooting ability
    I can't tell if your talking about me or you or someone else hahahah.

Time and place bruh.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    We had accuracy problems with Berry's plated out of both a Glock 19 and Nighthawk 9mm 1911. I wonder if we were just pushing them too fast or what (we were always well below max Unique load), but we went back to a regular FMJ that worked.

Quote Originally Posted by rjohnson4405 View Post
    We had accuracy problems with Berry's plated out of both a Glock 19 and Nighthawk 9mm 1911. I wonder if we were just pushing them too fast or what (we were always well below max Unique load), but we went back to a regular FMJ that worked.
    They shoot great for me, going to up the charge a tenth of a grain as weaker loads give me (and anyone else with a Gen4 9mm Glock) erratic ejection.
    #RESIST

Overcrimping issue maybe? I've seen that rear its head before with Berry's plated bullets. But I know several folks shooting them in super without issue, so I'd be surprised if it was a velocity thing.

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    Overcrimping issue maybe? I've seen that rear its head before with Berry's plated bullets. But I know several folks shooting them in super without issue, so I'd be surprised if it was a velocity thing.
    I think mine were right at .376
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 06-01-2017 at 09:41 AM. Reason: removed the zero
    #RESIST

• Reloading press used (list modifications if relevant)installed :Dillon 650 with roller cam upgrade and Rotocam actuator
    • Caliber: 9mm
    • Bullet (Weight, Coating, Profile, Manufacturer): Berry's 124gr HBFT (hollow base flat tip)
    • Powder manufacturer, type and charge; volume, type (ball, stick, flake): 3.8gr Titegroup
    • Dies used: Dillon except for Lee FCD
    • Primers used: Win SPP
    • Cartridge Overall Length (COAL): 1.13
    • Chronograph data (if possible): #PoorFag
    • Goals intended with this load: My last load (3.7gr Titegroup) with this bullet was too weak and therefore gave me erratic ejection (Gen4 Glocks have erratic ejection with weaker loads), I wanted a solid, accurate, reliable load that didn't eject brass to the face.
    • Results - accuracy, smokiness, clean burning, flash, temperature, smell, brass deformation, etc.: Outstanding, I tried three nodes: 3.8gr, 3.9gr, and 4.0 gr. This worked best of all of them. Oddly enough, 3.9gr gave me erratic ejection and poor accuracy, 4.0 did not on either.
    • Problems encountered and fixes applied: None.
    • Anything of interest: Below target is 17 rounds at 7 yards, shot as fast as I could acquire the target. I'm happy.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 06-06-2017 at 07:27 AM.
    #RESIST

Nice shooting!

I shoot a lot of Berry's 124RN through my HK's and they are good enough for 90% of my needs. They are more consistent than Xtreme but my favorite for accuracy is the Precision Delta 124 JHP or Hornady HAP.

With any of them I load 5.0 grains WSF.

My experience with Titegroup, Clays, and other fast pistol powders is they tend to create a recoil pulse that affects slide velocity. The load will run fine for me and feels soft but I put the gun and load into someone's hands that has a weaker grip and the gun will choke. I don't have that issue with WSF.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I think mine were right at .376

.378 here.

User Tag List