Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ballistic Radio podcast on Mindset

Thank you very much for taking the time to do the interview, and all the knowledge you have shared with us.

I wish you and your family much happiness and success.

Very good listen, thanks SeanM

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Coincidentally I'm currently reading Chesty Puller biography. He seems to epitomize Sean's statement about quitting being worse than losing. Looking forward to listening to the podcast later today. And as others have said, thanks for doing it Sean M

Ballistic Radio podcast on Mindset

My brother, in addition to being a seriously badass standup fighter, is an awesome cornerman. During a fight in which one of our guys was losing, my brother kicked everyone out of the corner except our cutman, himself and the fighter. After a few seconds of convo he stands dude up and he goes back in like someone hit the nitrous button. Ends up being fight of the night even though he lost due to being too far in the hole on points at that stage in the fight. I asked my brother what he said? He said he told him dude, you can lose and still live with yourself but right now you're quitting. You can't live with quitting. You will live the rest of your life ashamed of yourself because you will know you didn't just get beat, you fucking quit. It's up to you man but you're the only one that has to live with it.

I think about that all the time. I can deal with losing but how does one deal with quitting?
    @Nephrology account has obviously been hacked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Paul Sharp; 04-14-2017 at 09:18 AM.
    "There is magic in misery. You need to constantly fail. Always bite off more than you can chew, put yourself in situations where you don't succeed then really analyze why you didn't succeed." - Dean Karnazes www.sbgillinois.com

I enjoyed the podcast. I thought it was one of the better recent shows he has done, in that he let the SME do most of the talking, which hasn't always been the case on that show.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sharp View Post
    I think about that all the time. I can deal with losing but how does one deal with quitting?
    @Nephrology account has obviously been hacked.

Haha, well, can't win em all... failure is a great teacher. The trick is to not lose when it matters - you do that by losing a lot in practice

I've lost plenty of times since starting boxing and wrestling before I was 10 years old. I got my purple belt in '02 and didn't get my black belt until 2015. This is has been a long journey. I've lost a lot but only quit once when I was 13. The feeling of shame, regret, and self loathing still stings and I'm almost 50. Fuck that. I've never quit since then and never will. Only one thing worse than losing and that's losing because I quit.

"There is magic in misery. You need to constantly fail. Always bite off more than you can chew, put yourself in situations where you don't succeed then really analyze why you didn't succeed." - Dean Karnazes www.sbgillinois.com

User Tag List