Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ballistic Radio podcast on Mindset

Ballistic Radio podcast on Mindset

A whole bunch of folks were intereted in Sean M's mindset discussion from the Todd G memorial shoot. He recently did an interview on the Ballistic Radio podcast. I think listening to his words would be better than any notes a random internet stranger could provide.

Ballistic Radio: The Only Thing Worse Than Losing Is Quitting (Podcast – Season 5, Ballistic Radio Episode 204, April 9th, 2017)

Listened this morning during my workout. Good stuff.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Hammertime
    Thank you!

Just finished it, great stuff, thanks!

Just listened to this one during my commute this morning. Good stuff for sure.
    Jeff Martin
    Instagram

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Lots of gold in there. Nice to hear someone of his experience admit to gaps in their knowledge. There's no one-size-fits-all solution in the real world.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Good stuff from Sean as always, though I have to say, the host's voice makes me want to drink bleach.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Great podcast. I think about "mindset" all the time, certainly far more than I think about guns. Not necessarily (in fact, uncommonly) about guns/firearms/self defense, but how I apply myself in my professional training and how I can be the very best I possibly can at what I do. That quote - "the only thing worse than losing is giving up" - is very fungible. I think everyone can think of something that they do and that is important to them that this mindset can be applied to, whether they be professional, athletic, intellectual, or, naturally, self defense.

In my example, I'm taking the first step of the US medical licensing exam series tomorrow and I know at some point during those 7 hours I'll get thrown for a loop by a hard question, or I'll start to get hungry/tired/feel my confidence shaken. I've based my practice on that contingency and am confident that my training and commitment will help me to overcome and succeed. That said even if I don't get the score I want, I know that the very same mindset will help me find professional success later on down the line. I think everyone here can think of something similar.

User Tag List