Thread: Handgun Storage?!?!?!!

Handgun Storage?!?!?!!

I recently purchased one of these for storing my various Glock models (SEE LINK BELOW) I know that many will shake their heads and talk about getting a proper safe but right now due to various circumstances its the best I can do otherwise they will be sitting in the factory case. This at least gives me the option of locking it and keeping them all in once place. Right now I only have two G19's that I will be keeping in the case but if all goes well I will be filling out the case with two additional models it holds four total. My main concern with this is making sure the guns don't rust in the case. The Seahorse case comes with closed cell foam I will be keeping desiccant in the case and be charging/changing it regularly. My house stays at a constant temperature and humidity hovers between 47-55% The case will not leave the house its meant purely to organize the Glocks. I will be transporting the guns two and from the range in a range bag. So with everything I described is it safe to say my guns will be protected from rust? My duty G19 which I've had since January hasn't been cleaned externally once it gets the recommended internal lube points and that's it. Its been rained on handled and even kept on the bathroom counter while I shower and I haven't seen a speck of rust on it so I don't feel like a case should be a issue but I wanted to ask the experts on here.

Forgot the Link

Quote Originally Posted by KyNate View Post
    I recently purchased one of these for storing my various Glock models (SEE LINK BELOW) I know that many will shake their heads and talk about getting a proper safe but right now due to various circumstances its the best I can do otherwise they will be sitting in the factory case. This at least gives me the option of locking it and keeping them all in once place. Right now I only have two G19's that I will be keeping in the case but if all goes well I will be filling out the case with two additional models it holds four total. My main concern with this is making sure the guns don't rust in the case. The Seahorse case comes with closed cell foam I will be keeping desiccant in the case and be charging/changing it regularly. My house stays at a constant temperature and humidity hovers between 47-55% The case will not leave the house its meant purely to organize the Glocks. I will be transporting the guns two and from the range in a range bag. So with everything I described is it safe to say my guns will be protected from rust? My duty G19 which I've had since January hasn't been cleaned externally once it gets the recommended internal lube points and that's it. Its been rained on handled and even kept on the bathroom counter while I shower and I haven't seen a speck of rust on it so I don't feel like a case should be a issue but I wanted to ask the experts on here.
    https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/sea...s-gear-review/

User Tag List