Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heather MacDonald's Speech, shut down by protesters

A point I've made before- the Rule of Law is not the thing keeping the Revolution of the Proletariat from finally overthrowing the 1% and bringing about a Social Justice Paradise.

Rule of Law is the thing keeping the actual Proletariat from decorating lamppost with the Wannabe Dictatorship of the Proletariat, Anti-fas, and other Social Justice types.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    When I get some time, I'll return with some stories of political correctness and policed speech run amok in academia. It's neither pretty, nor moral.
    I forward to this. I made it through all of college until I got my faculty advisor for my thesis without encountering it overtly. My first faculty advisor was, by admission and deed, a charter member of the PC run amok crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Angus McFee View Post
    I forward to this. I made it through all of college until I got my faculty advisor for my thesis without encountering it overtly. My first faculty advisor was, by admission and deed, a charter member of the PC run amok crowd.
    I was in engineering, which was a bit insulated from PC. Nevertheless, my thesis advisor was not PC. He had fled Germany with his family as a teen in the 1930s. He came to the US and became a professor. He was vice-chancellor of the university in the 1960s, and had no patience with the anti-war protestors.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...h-cancellation

Poking the bee's nest.....

Berkeley is going to become a mandatory stop for any conservative wanting a publicity boost.
    Last edited by peterb; 04-20-2017 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catshooter View Post
    Since the college classrooms and campuses is where these creatures are hatched, sheltered and nurtured, I doubt highly that the college staff/administrators will be expelling them anytime soon.

Most of the professors are just like the kids, just older.

Cat
    It's early so i'm not firing on all cylinders yet, but I seem to remember history being replete with "institutions of higher learning" being burned to their foundations by the pitch fork and torch wielding crowds during certain periods of economic and civil unrest. Granted it hasn't happened here that I know of, and certainly not in recent times, but if my memory is remotely correct, you have to wonder why they (institutions) would choose to ignore this.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    It's early so i'm not firing on all cylinders yet, but I seem to remember history being replete with "institutions of higher learning" being burned to their foundations by the pitch fork and torch wielding crowds during certain periods of economic and civil unrest. Granted it hasn't happened here that I know of, and certainly not in recent times, but if my memory is remotely correct, you have to wonder why they (institutions) would choose to ignore this.
    Because their leadership agrees with the results?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

maybe it's time for flaming ruins and heads on sticks again then.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3

Because they believe, wrongly, that they will be the ones leading the pitch fork and torches mob, when, most likely and to mix metaphors, they will be among the first ones pushed against the wall.

Of course, the above assumes a revolution, which, frankly, I don't see coming at all. Irregular stupid violence by the ideologically twisted of either side, that will happen; revolution, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Because they believe, wrongly, that they will be the ones leading the pitch fork and torches mob, when, most likely and to mix metaphors, they will be among the first ones pushed against the wall.

Of course, the above assumes a revolution, which, frankly, I don't see coming at all. Irregular stupid violence by the ideologically twisted of either side, that will happen; revolution, no.
    May our times not get that interesting, for I fear they will become far more interesting if they do.

May our times not get that interesting, for I fear they will become far more interesting if they do.
    We did already live through a variation of it in the 70s.

User Tag List