Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kershaw Emerson durability?

I won one of these knives and a trainer from this site's year end drawing.

I've since used it everyday while working in a warehouse. I use it every single day, as i dont carry a box cutter. I've put it through the ringer. Cardboard, plastic bands, prying heavy staples, stabbing in a workbench while i work something else for a moment...

It holds an edge, and i've had NO issue with screws loosening. It has been really durable. It's a tad large for my taste, the wave works but could be larger. Otherwise this knife is pretty awesome. Having a trainer is just the icing.

-Cory
    Last edited by Cory; 04-11-2017 at 11:59 AM.

These are good for the price. But like anything that isn't hand-fit by somebody making serious money, there will be things missed or steps one may want to take to shore up reliability.

On knives like this I do exactly what VDM advocates above; tweak the pivot to where you want it then locktite every screw on the sucker and you should be good.

Also, in sure if you email Kershaw regarding the issue they will ship you new screws, probably for free. They have good CS in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This series is all frame-lock? or are some liner-lock?

Some are liner lock. There's a tanto blade version on sale on Amazon today, I'm pretty sure. Not sure whether liner or frame lock.

The CQC 5k is linerlock with G10 scales on both sides. I find the frame lock models slippery. No like.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I recently bought two of these Kershaw CQC-3K for work. I figured I'd share some photos for reference. They seem fairly well made and I expect it to be a decent work knife.

User Tag List