Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig Custom Shop - anybody used them for an action job

Sig Custom Shop - anybody used them for an action job

Have a P229 that I am interested in getting the action job and the SRT for $280. Anybody have any experience with them?

Site Supporter
    Sig did an action job on my 229 around 2005-2006, and the trigger turned out great. I have never tried a Grayguns trigger, but they smoothed and lightened the trigger pull.

This gun has not seen any serious use, so I cannot comment on the durability of the trigger job.

Hit and miss here. Pretty fast turn and modest price, but a number of pistols had to go back for ignition problems. I recently used Robert Burke at the Sig Armorer for an action job on a 226 Legion. Work was excellent, turn was a week or so, and it was comparably priced to OP's number.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by LearnedHat View Post
    Have a P229 that I am interested in getting the action job and the SRT for $280. Anybody have any experience with them?
    They did the same job on a 226. Great job.
    A wise man told me that "only hits count" is the one truth.

I highly recommend the Robert Burke the sig armor. http://www.thesigarmorer.com He local and he's as good as it gets when it comes to doing work on sigs. Him and Bruce Gray fro gray guns are considered the best in the industry.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I had them do my P226 SCT, the AEP and SRT install, and have been quite happy with the results.

Another vote for Burke and he is in Denton so close by as stated before so no shipping charges.
    Rick
    Brave men defend themselves, braver men defend loved ones, Warriors defend strangers fools wait! The bravest man I know John 3:17!

Site Supporter
    They do a pretty good job as does Bruce Gray. If you've basic armorer level skill, you can order Bruce Gray's P-Series Action Perfection Kit trigger setup and you get a quite trigger job that you can do yourself. You'll need to be able to replace the hammer, sear, sear spring, safety lock spring, safety lever I think? (it's been a while since I've done one so going on memory, but it was REALLY excellent setup).

https://grayguns.com/product/p-serie...on-action-kit/

Newt
    Last edited by newt; 04-09-2017 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by newt View Post
    They do a pretty good job as does Bruce Gray. If you've basic armorer level skill, you can order Bruce Gray's P-Series Action Perfection Kit trigger setup and you get a quite trigger job that you can do yourself. You'll need to be able to replace the hammer, sear, sear spring, safety lock spring, safety lever I think? (it's been a while since I've done one so going on memory, but it was REALLY excellent setup).

https://grayguns.com/product/p-serie...on-action-kit/

Newt

Agree completely. Except they haven't been in stock except for about a week after they were initially released.

Site Supporter
    Haha. That's so classically internet, I'm actually a little embarrassed. "Here's this AWESOME thing.....you can't have." I usually try not to be that guy. Sorry.

User Tag List