Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Communal Sight pusher

Communal Sight pusher

I bought a semi beat up MGW sight pusher the other day for HK USP/P2000 pistols. Rumor is it will work for the p30 and hk45 also. I was going to Karma it away but decided it would be cool to offer it as a pistol-forum sight pusher. Like I said its a little beat up but all the parts that matter seem to be in working order.

So here is what I am thinking:

1)Need to either be a site supporter or have a sight supporter vouch for you.

2)You are willing to repost in this thread when you are finished with it so others can use it.

3)Shipper covers the shipping, we are doing this out of good will.

*Please let me know if you are interested in this sight pusher by posting in the thread and then pming me!

Also if you have a MGW or other reputable sight tool that you would be willing to share please post!

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar
    This is a long time idea that we never acted on.

Our thought in the past was to lend a SIRT and G17 AIWB. The package would fit in a small flat rate box. Anyone can create a USPS account and have 5 boxes delivered to them in a matter of days, for free an using the same USPS account print off a $6.80 label to send to the next P-F member. If one kept good track in a thread it wouldn't be too bad as everyone would know who had what and who was getting it next.

This could work best with a closed section of the forum that was invite only. Perhaps an additional donation, small, or a suitable donation to circulate. Things like a $35 mag pouch wouldn't be a prime target but a $200 leather holster or some in-demand item with a wait time associated could be. RMR'd slides, optics on mounts, and even .300 uppers might be useful if the members don't ruin things. Sight tools and other pricey gunsmith tools would be great. Chamber reamers, optic leveling kits, even rail mounted lights. I know for me it takes all of 30 seconds to determine if I like a carbine light or not.

@Tom_Jones, could we hook this up?
    Last edited by Dark Star Gear; 04-08-2017 at 11:37 AM.
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Star Gear View Post
    This is a long time idea that we never acted on.

Our thought in the past was to lend a SIRT and G17 AIWB. The package would fit in a small flat rate box. Anyone can create a USPS account and have 5 boxes delivered to them in a matter of days, for free an using the same USPS account print off a $6.80 label to send to the next P-F member. If one kept good track in a thread it wouldn't be too bad as everyone would know who had what and who was getting it next.

This could work best with a closed section of the forum that was invite only. Perhaps an additional donation, small, or a suitable donation to circulate. Things like a $35 mag pouch wouldn't be a prime target but a $200 leather holster or some in-demand item with a wait time associated could be. RMR'd slides, optics on mounts, and even .300 uppers might be useful if the members don't ruin things.
    @Tom_Jones, could we hook this up?
    great Idea, I would happily donate some stuff to a communal pistol forum invite type set up. Got a couple belts and holster, possibly sights, and this sight pusher.

Dedicated sub-forum that is hidden. $20 donation to get in or a suitable item to circulate. Common items that don't cost too much don't count and would waste bandwidth in the forum. One thread per item that the owner starts documenting condition from all sides and shipping requirements (padding/insurance) and best guess cost. The only posts will be to reserve it and duration requested, format idea quoted below:

Owner: Aimpoint T-1 in Guyzlee mount. Ship via USPS medium flat rate with $600 insurance and signature required.

Poster 1: I'd like it for 2 weeks, I have a class next weekend.
    Poster 2: I'll take it the weekend after.

Poster 3: 2 weekends.

Bookkeeping post: Poster 1 two weeks, Poster 2 weekend, Poster 3 two weekends
    Dark Star Gear

while the idea has merit, I'd think for things like the OPs item, that he was going to karma away anyways, should be sort of left as exactly that, karma. That way if it gets lost or kept, it's not as big a deal as say someone loaning out an expensive piece of kit. having a thread for each karma'd item so that people know where it was last might be the neatest way of organizing it. as for membership, I'd agree that site supporters should be the only ones allowed to be in karma item threads.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

I think that setting things up as a recurring fee becomes a bit much but on the other hand it could still be less than the cost of the items so that's not absurd.

Invite only would limit much of the theft concern. Keeping things semi-hidden does the same. Sight tools and holsters are cheap, optics are not. I've not gotten far enough on how to handle a $600 optic with a $150 mount. PayPal deposit to the owner? There is a 90 day window I believe where one can just click and refund. NOT using F&F/gift will provide protection. For the karma'd sight pusher perhaps there's no deposit, for Dudebro offering up a KKM barrel, comp, RMR, and G19 slide perhaps they want $1200 sent to them to hold.

$20 recurring doesn't sound all that terrible to join the P-F Garage, assuming there are things we all want. I think a universal sight tool set, some AR tools, leather holsters, barrel/comp combos, etc could all work.
    Last edited by Dark Star Gear; 04-08-2017 at 12:39 PM.
    Dark Star Gear

I dunno if this idea ever got off the ground, but I’m in one-time need of a Glock rear sight pusher, and I saw this thread.

Any body got one they’d share?

If not, I was thinking of ordering this one:

Handgun sight pusher tool Universal front/rear "Standard Blocks Only" https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0125M9LRS..._JXkcAb65A3CJM

Or a brass punch would work too, I guess, but I’m not exactly a gunsmith.

I've got an MGW Sight Pro with about 15 inserts for various pistols that I was thinking of renting out for like $20 a month. You could basically paypal me the full value of the equipment, use it for however many sights you need to install, and then when I get it back I'll refund the money minus $20.

I'm not trying to get rich off $20 a pop but it would help offset any wear and tear or eventual damage over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    I dunno if this idea ever got off the ground, but I’m in one-time need of a Glock rear sight pusher, and I saw this thread.

Any body got one they’d share?

If not, I was thinking of ordering this one:

Handgun sight pusher tool Universal front/rear "Standard Blocks Only" https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0125M9LRS..._JXkcAb65A3CJM

Or a brass punch would work too, I guess, but I’m not exactly a gunsmith.
    PM me an address, I'll loan you one.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    PM me an address, I'll loan you one.
    That’s awesome Bill. PM on the way.

User Tag List