Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CMP To Receive 86,000 M1 Garands From The Philippines

Site Supporter

CMP To Receive 86,000 M1 Garands From The Philippines

CMP To Receive 86,000 M1 Garands From The Philippines

Good news for fans of the M1 Garand. The Civilian Marksmanship Program is expected to receive 86,000 of these surplus WWII rifles from the government of the Philippines.
    the) CMP will be receiving the rifles once the Phillipines prepares them for shipment. CMP reimburses the Army transportation costs of getting these rifles back as they have with every other shipment sent to us. We do not know when these rifles will be shipped back, but they have been approved…” Johnson said in a post to that group.
    http://www.alloutdoor.com/2017/04/07...n=sumome_share

1) This is good news of course.
    2) It puts in perspective how many Garands were made over the years. Amazing. I probably need another one.

Saw this on FB. I'm very excited for it. I have always wanted a Garand or two. I remember about 7 or so years ago I checked the Big 5 add on Sunday and saw M1 rifles for $500. I literally ran out to my truck to get down there, had the proverbial old lady been in the way I would have laid her out and not even looked back. They had sold out two hours before I had seen the add.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Did those Korean guns the previous administration attempted to stop ever make it in (I get the CMP newsletters but I have to say I'm usually to lazy to read them all)?

No.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    I'll be waiting with card in hand for them to make it to the website . . . that is if I dont beat a path to the Anniston CMP store to lay hands on one in person.

I will be all over this like stink on a monkey.

That's cool. I wonder if there are any stocks of M1 carbines out there.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    That's cool. I wonder if there are any stocks of M1 carbines out there.
    I think there are, I want to say the shipment that had been blocked by EO was supposed to bring back carbines from Korea which is a damn shame because I want one but the current prices are ridiculous

If that happens, I'm going to pick up an M1 Garand and an M1 carbine.

Because: reasons.

User Tag List