Thread: It Is Not Just About The Armor. (Copied from my reply in the Rifle Plate thread.)

It Is Not Just About The Armor. (Copied from my reply in the Rifle Plate thread.)

The local assasination of Assistant Chief Deputy (Harris County, Texas) Constable Clint Greenwood has, sadly, shown us that we can armor-up, but then we must arrange for the bad guys to shoot our fancy armor. A GSW to his neck killed him. As I understand it, one round also hit his vest, and was stopped. I do not know the level of his armor, or the cartridge of the shooter's weapon; my sources of insider information have retired or found greener pastures elsewhere.

He had previously worked as a high-profile prosecutor for the D.A., and then as a head public integrity investigator as a Major in the Sheriff's office*, and was aware of specific and credible threats to himself and his family. Known as a savvy shooter and skilled rifle builder, he may well have up-armored his presumably concealed vest. I had only conversed with him by phone, but my wife, in her time working at the Harris County M.E., and interacting with the OEM, was acquainted with him. May he rest in peace.

I have little doubt that Clint Greenwood's assassin was intentionally aiming for the neck or head, being cognizant of armor. Let's all be careful out there!

I do not work many "big" cases, but am frequently on TV, as I am video-ed while photographing crime scenes. Also, I have been told that my very clear photographs of domestic violence injuries have caused defendants to plea, rather than let my images tell jurors a thousand words. I could easily be seen as a target for a cold dish of revenge. Again, let's all be careful out there!

My wife worked twenty-one years as a death scene investigator for the M.E., in one of the most-populous counties in the USA, so she could be a target, too. Again, let's all be careful out there.

*The Republican Sheriff was ousted in the 2016 election, so there was a turn-over of all the top brass.
    Last edited by Rex G; 04-07-2017 at 01:39 PM.

The last I heard was that main suspect opted out.
    Any further info fit for public consumption?
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    The last I heard was that main suspect opted out.
    Any further info fit for public consumption?
    I only know what the news media has reported.

Be friendly and pleasant, but watch the hands.

Cat

User Tag List