Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Week 211: Double B

Gen glock 17, chopped to 19 length, full stipple, ny1 and (-) connector
    Concealed under a sweater
    87 total points
    19.xx seconds
    FAIL

I finally got back to the range after a six month hiatus with only dry practice to sustain me. It showed. I picked this dotw just because it was fairly quick and i wanted to get back to doing these again, although i figured it would be a definite challenge. I had three shots that were outside the 7 ring in what would have been the six ring so instantly lost 30 points. Then two in the 7, two in the 8, and a 9 plus one c during the bill drill totaled a super unimpressive failure. I left way to much time on the table and shouldn't have dropped the 3 shots at 25. I'm playing around with the ny1 (-) connector combo and I'm rather meh on it. I like the fact it pretty closely eliminates the wall but don't think it adds any significant safety margin at all. The extra weight doesn't bother me. I'll probably run it for the rest of a thousand rounds just to give it a fair shake but will most likely not keep it. My poor trigger control, lack of patience is what failed me today and nothing more. I forgot to write down the exact time but i left approximately 10 seconds on the clock that i could have used to clean up with.

In other news I'm finally going to start a training journal when i get around to it here soon. Which is odd because I'm budgeted to shoot less this year than any other in the last five. Go figure

Gen 4 Glock 34, Zev V4 connector, HRED, Dawson Charger sights (serrated front with fluorescent orange paint), X300U, CNC Keroman V2 holster.

Run 1: 14.95; 6A, 1x10, 4x9, 3x7, 2xmiss (one on target in what would be 6 zone, other low left about 2" off target paper). Score: 97, FAIL Obviously shot way too fast. Patience when shooting at distance is not a virtue I naturally possess and this has always been a significant problem for me.

Run 2: 17.70; 6A, 2x8, 2x7, 6xmiss (several in low/left of what would be 6 zone, 2 off target--one low left and one low). Score: 60, EPIC FAIL. Tried going slower, didn't actually happen by all that much. Overthinking all the 25 yard shots and definitely not getting a good sight picture before breaking the shot. I noticed I was thinking about "what's next" right away in the drill...even as I shot the Bill Drill on the 7yd target, I was starting to think about the reload and the 25 yard target.

Run 3: 22.90; 4A/2C, 2x10, 3x9, 2x8, 2x7, 1 miss (just off paper, low left). Score: 103 Fail Yep, I still suck. Time management felt better, although I still had plenty left, and should have used it as it clearly pays on the 25 yard target (even with a few C hits on Bill Drill).

Takeaways: I could take the time to shoot a perfect Bill Drill (still under 5 seconds), take my time to reload (still under 5 seconds), and still have what to me is gobs of time (2 seconds per shot) to do this drill. Time management, shooting slower, is a huge weakness of mine. Also, between this and the other shooting I did yesterday, I'm still trying too forcefully to mitigate recoil, and ending up with the low and low/left problem, especially out at 25 yards.
    Jeff Martin
    Instagram

Tried this today, did horrible, my shots were garbage and on top of that the 2,000 rounds of reman ammo that came in was malfunctioning every 10 shots or so, locking the slide up (like - beat the ass of the gun against a tire and still can't get the round seated) - could not shoot it clean without a malf, still failed shots miserably despite the malfs.

Going to bring my primary gun out tomorrow and try again with the same ammo, I'm guessing it's going to be equally as ugly accuracy and function wise.
    Last edited by SsevenN; 04-26-2017 at 08:58 PM.
    "I'm checking out, somebody throw me in the trash"

t. Frank Reynolds - IASIP

Pistol, holster, and concealment (optional) used HK P30L LEM w/ TLR-1 HL, KSG Armory Custom, AIWB
    Total points 97/99
    Total time Both ~20 seconds
    Pass or Fail FAIL
    Anything you noticed

Dug up some serviceable ammo and shot this twice today, disappointing but expected results.

I counted anything outside the 7 as 0 since I cannot score it.
    I had a hard time judging my expenditure of time and accommodating the use of it, also I'm bad under pressure, particularly with precision, even if I had full B8s I would have come up shy, this was tough.

Pistol, holster, and concealment (optional) used:Sig P320, OWB, T shirt concealment
    Total points:116
    Total time:25.87
    Pass or Fail:Pass
    Anything you noticed:
    Rushed a little probably around the 20 second mark and had three bad shots in the "7" zone, all high. Ended up with up with plenty of time left not to have done that.

Pistol, holster, and concealment (optional) used P30L w/ TLR-1 HL
    Total points 108
    Total time 20.6
    Pass or Fail FAIL
    Anything you noticed
    I gave it my all but couldn't put it all together.
    I'm just not up to snuff with the timed fire at 25 yards. Also I still can't get my head around how much time I have left, I always think I've used more time than I actually have.
    Last edited by SsevenN; 04-30-2017 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SsevenN View Post
    Pistol, holster, and concealment (optional) used P30L w/ TLR-1 HL
    Total points 108
    Total time 20.6
    Pass or Fail FAIL
    Anything you noticed
    I gave it my all but couldn't put it all together.
    I'm just not up to snuff with the timed fire at 25 yards. Also I still can't get my head around how much time I have left, I always think I've used more time than I actually have.
    This is a tough drill! Don't beat yourself up! I'm gonna shoot it this week with my PX4 fullsize and compact and see if I can pass it. Shooting it with the Brig Tac makes it a lot easier on me. I may run it with one of my 1911s just because...it's totally like cheating.
    Shoot more, post less...

Shot this one cold before class the other day.

Gen3 G34, concealed in a Keeper under a polo shirt
    119 points
    Pass
    Fun drill! Thanks again, MSparks909!

[img]20170429_075946 by OrigamiAK, on Flickr[/img]
    [img]20170429_075940 by OrigamiAK, on Flickr[/img]
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Thank You to Mr. White and MSparks909 for this DOTW!

My Wife is my shooting partner, so a twofer. We shot this after some Carbine shooting, cold on the pistol.

His: M&P Fullsize 4.25", Barsto barrel, Dawson Sights, Apex FSS, Ready Tactical OWB Holster, Open
    Pass

Hers: M&P Fullsize 4.25", Stormlake barrel, Dawson Sights, Apex FSS, Raven Concealment OWB, Open
    Pass

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  101.4 KB

We shot it again as I felt like these were A-Typical results for us.....

His:
    Pass

Hers:
    91 (3 shots over time scored -30)
    Fail

Great drill. We were both pleasantly surprised by our 25 yard shooting, we have been working on it quite a bit lately.

Great shooting you two! That is solid shooting. Nice work
    Shoot more, post less...

User Tag List