Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Week 211: Double B

Week 211: Double B

Results may be posted until May 7th, 2017.

Designed by: MSparks909
    Range: 7 and 25 yards
    Target: USPSA Metric or IDPA, PLUS B8 repair center, download here: https://pistol-forum.com/attachment....1&d=1322428748
    Start Position: Holstered
    Rounds Fired: 16
    Par time: 30 seconds

Thank you to MSparks909 for this original contribution to the Drill of the Week!

Setup: Place the USPSA or IDPA target at 7 yards, and the B8 repair center at 25 yards. Start with the handgun loaded and holstered with exactly six rounds. You'll also need a 10 round magazine to reload with. Set the timer to a 30 second par.

Procedure: At the start signal, draw and shoot a Bill Drill to the USPSA/IDPA target (6 rounds) at 7 yards. Immediately reload and shoot 10 rounds to the B8 repair center at 25 yards. No extra shots allowed. Shots over the 30 second par count as misses. Total your score.

Scoring: Add up the points on both targets. On the USPSA/IDPA target, A/-0 zone = 5 points, B/C/-1 zone = 3 points, D/-3 zone = 1 point. On the B8 repair center, the scoring rings determine the number of points. X/10-ring = 10 points, 9-ring = 9 points, etc. There are 130 possible points.

You must shoot at least 115 points, under the 30 second par time to Pass.

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:

Pistol, holster, and concealment (optional) used
    Total points
    Total time
    Pass or Fail
    Anything you noticed

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Pistol, holster, and concealment (optional) used: P30 V2, AIWB Kydex, T Shirt
    Total points: 106
    Total time: 27.01
    Pass or Fail: Fail
    Anything you noticed: Shot this after completing DOTW 210. Not happy about this score at all. Totally blew the 25 yard/B8 portion. No shots off the target, but it's a shear wonder. The hits were all over the place. I just didn't shoot this very well, plain and simple. Didn't screw up the reload, but it wasn't anything special. The one positive is my grouping was pretty good on the Bill Drill for whatever that's worth. I'll try this again at some point in an effort to redeem myself on the longer target. Thanks for posting this Gabe!

Ran this the other day when I was messaging Gabe about the drill. It's a barn buster if you don't have a good 25Y zero. The Bill Drill and reload don't give you a lot of time to get 10 good shots on paper.

Pistol, holster, and concealment (optional) used: Beretta/Wilson Brigadier Tactical in USPSA Production belt rig (no concealment)
    Total points: 119
    Total time: 25.90
    Pass or Fail: Pass

On the 25Y portion I just focused on settling the sights after each shot and executing a good trigger press.

I'm going to run this later with my PX4 Compact and see how it goes.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by DG12 View Post
    Pistol, holster, and concealment (optional) used: P30 V2, AIWB Kydex, T Shirt
    Total points: 106
    Total time: 27.01
    Pass or Fail: Fail
    Anything you noticed: Shot this after completing DOTW 210. Not happy about this score at all. Totally blew the 25 yard/B8 portion. No shots off the target, but it's a shear wonder. The hits were all over the place. I just didn't shoot this very well, plain and simple. Didn't screw up the reload, but it wasn't anything special. The one positive is my grouping was pretty good on the Bill Drill for whatever that's worth. I'll try this again at some point in an effort to redeem myself on the longer target. Thanks for posting this Gabe!
    Shoot 2-3 B8s before you try the drill again (slow fire; not 10 minutes long but a minute or so). Take your time on those, see where your gun hits with your sights at 25. Half the battle is knowing where to hold to get them in the black. I'm lucky that the fiber optic on my sight sits neatly in the black section of the B8 @ 25.
    Shoot more, post less...

Pistol, holster, and concealment (optional) used: Smith & Wesson M&P40 in a JMCK AIWB, concealed
    Total points: 98
    Total time: 28.44
    Pass or Fail: FAIL
    Anything you noticed:

This was the second run at this. My first run was way too fast (I did it in 15.87 sec!) and the 25 yard results were dismal.
    On the second run I took my time and got better hits, but a miss and too many 7's hurt my score.

I think this is a really good drill with a nice combination of close in speed shooting, and then forcing you to slow down some to get the long range hits. It's a drill I'm going to keep working on.

G17 MOS w/DPP , Raven Eidolon concealed under pullover.
    117 Points
    23.35 seconds
    Pass (not by much)

My points that got away from me on the B8 were high. Could have ran the bill drill faster than the 2.86 I ran it in but it was already a little tough going from that to the 25 yard shots and trying to get the pacing right. I would like to run through this one a few times.

M&P40/TLR, Safariland ALS paddle holster
    Score 92 in 28 seconds. Put three of the Bill Drill shots into the -1 zone. Good exercise in "switching gears"

Hammertime

Did the DOTW Double B several times.

First with G19L Eidolon concealed: Nailed Bill Drill, made time missed four 25 yard shots.

Ran it again with Sig P320 JMCK AIWB concealed, but forgot to photo targets. Dropped a one to -1 and the bill drill group opened up a bit, missed two at 25 yds.

G19L: 30+45=75, time: 25.9 four misses at 25.

P320c: 28+78=106, time: 22.5 two misses at 25.
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 04-12-2017 at 11:26 PM.

I know you had 4 misses at 25 with the G19, but man the rest of those shots are tight and centered! Especially compared to what you shot with the P320.
    Shoot more, post less...

Hammertime

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    I know you had 4 misses at 25 with the G19, but man the rest of those shots are tight and centered! Especially compared to what you shot with the P320.
    Thanks. To be clear both targets are the Glock, I used B8 for both distances, calling the 8ring the A zone. The top photo was 7yds and probably a 5 sec bill drill. Bottom is 25 yd target. I shot significantly faster with the Sig on the Bill Drill portion once I realized I could loosen up a bit. Learning.
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 04-13-2017 at 07:28 AM.

User Tag List