Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Travis Haley SKIMMER Glock Trigger (Just Released)

I personally use products from www.GlockTriggers.com . I have two of their trigger kits and am quite pleased. One is in my primary IDPA gun and the other is in a gun I use for both GSSF matches and occasional carry. I find the overall feel & reset of the trigger to be quite excellent actually.

Keep in mind this is the same company Bob Vogel is working with. They make a kit bearing his name as well. Does the hive feel Bob is a product whore too?

I will say I find it amusing folks will dis' this as gimmicky or dis' a guy putting his name on a product but at the same time pimp hard for "other guys" or seemingly ride the fanboy bandwagon for other products or will dis' a $150 trigger kit but spend the same (or much, much more) on another piece of gear they will rarely ever use.

My post probably won't be popular but is again just a reminder for folks to look in a mirror ocasionally.

I don't think there's a problem with the stock Glock trigger. I'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    I personally use products from www.GlockTriggers.com . I have two of their trigger kits and am quite pleased. One is in my primary IDPA gun and the other is in a gun I use for both GSSF matches and occasional carry. I find the overall feel & reset of the trigger to be quite excellent actually.

Keep in mind this is the same company Bob Vogel is working with. They make a kit bearing his name as well. Does the hive feel Bob is a product whore too?

I will say I find it amusing folks will dis' this as gimmicky or dis' a guy putting his name on a product but at the same time pimp hard for "other guys" or seemingly ride the fanboy bandwagon for other products or will dis' a $150 trigger kit but spend the same (or much, much more) on another piece of gear they will rarely ever use.

My post probably won't be popular but is again just a reminder for folks to look in a mirror ocasionally.
    The Bob Vogel trigger has a fair description, the Skimmer has a hokey description. Bob Vogel hasn't slapped his name on a box full of stuff over the last month and a half either. And for the record, I think you will see the same people poking at the description praising Haley's new light mounts. It is kind of hard to not see hokey when the guy sells patches and shirt before a training class, isn't it?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    The Bob Vogel trigger has a fair description, the Skimmer has a hokey description. Bob Vogel hasn't slapped his name on a box full of stuff over the last month and a half either. And for the record, I think you will see the same people poking at the description praising Haley's new light mounts. It is kind of hard to not see hokey when the guy sells patches and shirt before a training class, isn't it?
    I hear you and am NOT defending Haley. I won't disagree the "SKIMMER" name is a bit Hokey. Heck, I thought the actual name had been removed from the title and OP as it was suspected to have been posted by a SKIMMER.

The only thing I know about Haley is he used to be the Magpul guy and has a fan base as a result. I have no idea what he is doing other than this product and no idea what he does in/before/after his classes. I've trained with more than one guy (Vickers, TLG, and maybe a couple of others) that does give away logo swag to students attending a class BUT that is giving it away. I suspect if they did want to sell it they would make bank. Foks are high on the training adrenaline and would prob snatch up anything they wanted to sell at that time. Some trainers have web stores where they sell logo items.

What I was defending was GLOCKTRIGGERS. I wholeheartedly believe in their products and the service I've been given by the owner. Yes, I do know him personally but met him as a result of being a customer. I am not an employee or anything. I just don't want him getting dragged down by the hate. He's a good guy and makes a good product, that's all.
    Last edited by VolGrad; 12-21-2011 at 12:53 PM. Reason: spelling of the word SWAG (said SWAP)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I would easily pay that much just to watch someone polish normal steel so much that it actually becomes chrome. If they do it long enough, do you think it turns into gold?
    Dude, making fun of alchemists seems like a bad idea. They probably know how to do other kinds of magic as well.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    The process to convert steel into gold is difficult and with unicorns being endangered species acquiring enough horn dust is next to impossible.
    Don't give me that engangered species shit. Just get it from unicorns mills in China.

I wonder if the Web Site guy used the wrong wording. Maybe is should have said - "hand polished with a hard chrome finish."
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by rsa-otc View Post
    I wonder if the Web Site guy used the wrong wording. Maybe is should have said - "hand polished with a hard chrome finish."
    Why would you hard chrome the connector?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Travis Haley is a legitimate trainer, but I'll wait to hear from the jury who have tried this before I pass judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post

While I agree with you to some degree, sometimes stuff is so egregious you have to call it when you see it. Taking some stock glock parts, adding polishing and a pre travel mod and claiming the result is "the feel of a 1911" is nothing less than bullshit.

User Tag List