Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Travis Haley SKIMMER Glock Trigger (Just Released)

@Vandal

Thank you for those tests, if you need a pair sights, I'm sure someone including myself has some laying around. Let me know if you need a pair. The commitment on this forum to find data for themselves and contribute is amazing. After the 5th drop, it was pretty painful to watch and it even isn't my pistol LOL.

I too appreciate the fact you took the time to make these vids. It's hard to argue with the results in that first video ... so I won't.

Two suggestions;
    1. Call Jeff (I' know ... broke record).
    2. Use some type of high power maginifier to inspect the little ring on the muzzle end of the slide the RSA fits into for damage/cracks. Many years ago I purchased a G17 once from an instructor I took my first couple of classes from. He liked to make a habit of intentionally abusing his GLOCKs in front of the class to prove they were indestructable. He would throw them, bury them in dirt/sand, etc. After purchasing this gun (cheap, of course) I took it to Smyrna for an overhaul. The first thing the Armorer showed me was a tiny crack on this ring. The entire slide needed to be replaced. The Armorer said it could be 1k rounds of it could be 1 round but eventually the ring would break completely through and the slide would follow the bullet downrange.

Again, I do appreciate the vids and the intent of this thread. I apologize for letting myself get sucked into something yesterday. It was nothing personal so I hope no one took any of my comments that way.

In your story Vol, wouldn't just the RSA (or more likely nothing) follow the bullet down range if that ring broke? Seeing as how the RSA capture ring at the front of the slide is not what stops the slide from travelling forward...
    I train to be better than I was yesterday. -F2S

Quote Originally Posted by jstyer View Post
    In your story Vol, wouldn't just the RSA (or more likely nothing) follow the bullet down range if that ring broke? Seeing as how the RSA capture ring at the front of the slide is not what stops the slide from travelling forward...
    Never really thought about it much to be honest. I am just repeating what the GLOCK factory Armorer told me. That was years ago and I've not really thought about it again until now.

I just remember he said the likely cause was the slide being dropped on a hard surface (off the frame) resulting in a direct hit on the nose ring. I doubt this would be an issue on vandal's gun but just saying he might want to inspect it just to be sure there was no damage caused.

crazy videos dude...cease and desist! I can't believe you put the your glocks through that. A big thank you!

Thanks for the video! Just a tip, but you may want to put the slide without night sights on the gun you're dropping. The force could bust the tritium vials, leaving you with expensive steel sights.

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    Video of failed drop safety in Glock 19 Gen 3, approx 7k rounds through it, S/N FDG7xx. Can release the striker with a tool, and actual drops.

Here's a pic of the stippling on the left side. It doesn't touch the trigger housing pin hole. Long pin because I usually have a Grip Force Adapter installed.

Thanks for the video. If I spent $160 on that "carry trigger" you can bet your ass I'd be on the phone with Jeff right about now
    "A good shooter with a weak body and weak mind will lose against one who has the physical ability to crush him, and the mental ability to do it repeatedly"
    -Kyle Defoor

I know this has been beat dead. I'm not debating the dropping of the gun and the trigger going off but I do have a question about the drop safety. I don't own the trigger.

I got an armorer's plate and tried the glock tool test by sticking it in there and pushing down and with a completely stock glock (2 of them actually), I was able to get the striker to go off. It was very difficult if you press the tool straight down, but if you stick the thing in there, and press down while slightly while lifting up the handle portion of the tool pressing the tip of the tool down at an angle, you can get it to go off.

I've never taken an armor's course so I don't know if there is a proper way to actually do the function check such as making sure you are pressing down without an angle. Any thoughts?

User Tag List