Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Travis Haley SKIMMER Glock Trigger (Just Released)

Meh, different forums have different personalities. LF and PF are the only ones I post on, and I only lurk on TPI (been a member for years, haven't made one post). I only read the training/tactics forum on M4C, and I've pretty much stopped that, M4C is only on my favorites in case I have a technical question I can't find in my Big 3. Get Off the X is its own special area.

thread-relevant: I might give this trigger a try, but only after my ammo/training priorities are met. This would be far down the line.

Why can't operators just all get along
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Why can't operators just all get along
    Because despite the fantasies of some, these guys are human just like the rest of us.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    It's not the trigger, it's the guy that's marketing it.
    This. Some of the people making the loudest noise about their dislike of the "Skimmer" are people who've also been loud in their dislike of Haley for years. That doesn't invalidate their opinion on the trigger, but it may explain the vehemence and enthusiasm with which they express it.

Regarding Lightfighter and other forums, please keep in mind this section of the pistol-forum.com code of conduct:
    Abstain from any inter-forum warfare. Do not say mean things about other forums or people from other forums. We are here to discuss ideas, not personalities.
    I'm not saying anyone stepped over the line. This is simply a gentle reminder.

Whether one agrees, disagrees, likes or dislikes Haley and/or Magpul I think their marketing and videos have really made training desirable to those who never thought of training previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    Whether one agrees, disagrees, likes or dislikes Haley and/or Magpul I think their marketing and videos have really made training desirable to those who never thought of training previously.
    This is actually a very valid point.

Sort of like the NRA ... love them, hate them, or indifferent ... they do generally keep things moving in the right direction on a national front. You have to give them props for that.

Merry Christmas everyone

I've had people show up to IDPA classes whose only training in gunhandling came from watching the Magpul videos over and over again. They were actually a lot better off than shooters who had learned how to shoot from Dad/Uncle Buck/watching TV.

I will echo the same post I made on M4C, with the hope of getting a response here:

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo M3 View Post

Video Comparison: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P0mH...ature=youtu.be

Lets open this up for discussion

Cosmo,

There's no vid in the link. Anyway you could get that back up? Thanks.

For curiosity's sake, I'm interested how this differs from the the Glockworx Drop-In trigger bar (polished with pretravel reduction mod) which sells for $80?. Or even the complete kit for $130?

Quote Originally Posted by CQC.45 View Post
    I will echo the same post I made on M4C, with the hope of getting a response here:

Cosmo,

There's no vid in the link. Anyway you could get that back up? Thanks.

For curiosity's sake, I'm interested how this differs from the the Glockworx Drop-In trigger bar (polished with pretravel reduction mod) which sells for $80?. Or even the complete kit for $130?
    I doubt anyone here will comment on that unless they have had hands on with both units.
    #RESIST

User Tag List