Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Review: Trijicon RS24 AccuPower 1-4x24 Riflescope Green Mil Square In a Bobro Mount

Review: Trijicon RS24 AccuPower 1-4x24 Riflescope Green Mil Square In a Bobro Mount

Description:
    According to Trijicon, the Accupower was designed for multi-purpose application, from 3-gun to hunting. The MIL-Square reticle was created by a former Marine Sniper which uses the BAC (Bindon Aiming Concept) to help the user determine range while adding contrast of the green (or red) LED. When Trijicon first released this LED Accupower with the Green MIL-Square reticle I preordered it and have been running this optic in a Bobro 30mm Extended Optic Mount. I paid around $725 for the Accupower from Amazon and the Bobro from SWFA was around $200.
    Read the full review here
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Why, specifically, do you say the Accupower is "a very good step above Trijicon's Accupoint optics"?

Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    Why, specifically, do you say the Accupower is "a very good step above Trijicon's Accupoint optics"?
    Accupoint reticles, especially for the 1-4x are pretty crappy. On top of that the led of the accupower allow for variable adjustment which is finer than the accupoint.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

That's cool and all, but serious...WHY!? can noone get the H27D type reticle Leupold is using? I get it...I know...I know...licensing fees, blah blah blah, but would you pay $400 more for a Gen II Razor HD or 1-8 Trijicon with an H27D style reticle in it? I think someone might. Maybe 1 or 2 people.

Great glass exists.
    Light and durable exists.
    Awesome illumination exists.
    Shit reticles are all you can get under $2800.

WHY!? What if we skewed this and gave the Razor HD II a Bushnell $200 optic's glass quality, or illumination, or NC Star's durability? So why the HELL does it have a similar quality reticle?!

*frustration.
    #Illneverbehappy .

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    That's cool and all, but serious...WHY!? can noone get the H27D type reticle Leupold is using?
    Because most people don't want an H27D in a LPV. There's definitely a market preference for a simple reticle with enough holds to get 5.56 out to 600 yards and a daylight bright dot.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Accupoint reticles, especially for the 1-4x are pretty crappy. On top of that the led of the accupower allow for variable adjustment which is finer than the accupoint.

I'm still a fan of the triangle of death.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    I'm still a fan of the triangle of death.
    Does it have it's place in the LPV world? Totally. In fact if I was a hunter, using a bolt gun or even a semi-auto 308 hunting styled AR rifle, I'd probably like it a lot.

Zero thought, just zero the tip and as long as the triangle is on the animal you'll get a hit, 25-100m.

I just want more out of a reticle. I really enjoy USO's SR4c MIL reticle as it just works really well for me, but I can do the math in my head most of the time for ranging people so that helps push my bias towards those types of reticles.

Trijicon's new 1-8x reticle is pretty decent.

4MOA crosshair in the middle at 8x, which is essentially an RDS at 1x. 10MOA large hashes, 2 MOA betweens. Eotech style ring with RDS inside of it at 4x, really hard to beat that...unless you get a CQBSS...
    VDMSR.com

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    Because most people don't want an H27D in a LPV. There's definitely a market preference for a simple reticle with enough holds to get 5.56 out to 600 yards and a daylight bright dot.
    Funny how the only CQBSS worth a damn in resale is the one with the H27D, even though it's $1K more.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Does it have it's place in the LPV world? Totally. In fact if I was a hunter, using a bolt gun or even a semi-auto 308 hunting styled AR rifle, I'd probably like it a lot.

Zero thought, just zero the tip and as long as the triangle is on the animal you'll get a hit, 25-100m.

I just want more out of a reticle. I really enjoy USO's SR4c MIL reticle . . .
    I don't completely disagree, but I find the TR24 easy to hit with out to about 400 yards on a calm day and 300 in wind. This is assuming target sizes of 3-4 minutes that are common in practical competitions.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Funny how the only CQBSS worth a damn in resale is the one with the H27D, even though it's $1K more.

The CQBSS market is a very small part of the scope market, however, I assume your wish may be granted in the future as more Horus reticles are used in Nightforce scopes.

User Tag List