Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Glock with front serrations from the factory?

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    I wish they would have put them further back, just in front of the ejection port. That is the spot that I would use if press checking or doing the Proctor slide manipulation technique.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchMan View Post
    Another aspect that hasn't been brought up, while nitpicky, is holster fit. On leather holsters, the serrations are going to fill up with leather and increase wear on the holster. On kydex holsters, either the holster needs to be molded to the serrations, which will increase finish wear on the gun, or if not molded, the gun won't fit in the holster as well as it could.

Really minor, really nitpicky, not going to change the operation of anything, but all things equal, I'd rather not have the serrations for this reason. The smooth simple Glock slide has always been one of the things I've appreciated.
    Not a holster issue in almost all cases.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

My 19 gen4 fs just got it today. Name:  20170604_154230.jpg
Views: 767
Size:  98.9 KB
    Last edited by Jberkeszi; 06-04-2017 at 11:31 PM.

Slide serrations aside, let us know how it shoots.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    It's unclear right now, but Glock does have metal sights of their "bucket and ball" sight picture. Some are a fan, I personally hate that sight picture.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy
    I had all kind of sights on my Glocks, a while back I standardized all my Glocks to Glock's metal sights, but like YVK posted they are passable my 35 wear Heine plain black rear and a FO front.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    Slide serrations aside, let us know how it shoots.
    Will do! I'm sure it will shoot just fine:-)

I press check from the front because this allows me to use my strong hand index finger to feel the round in the chamber(lowlight). I have had no issues doing this without serrations but they would definatinately help with gloves/wet hands.

Went to pick up a blue label G19 sight unseen today and ended up getting one of these. I don't care one way or the other about the serrations but I do really like the slide release. My eyes aren't what they used to be, so I'd like to ask if anyone knows the part number for this piece as I'd like to add it to my other 19's.

Quote Originally Posted by ydennekb View Post
    Went to pick up a blue label G19 sight unseen today and ended up getting one of these. I don't care one way or the other about the serrations but I do really like the slide release. My eyes aren't what they used to be, so I'd like to ask if anyone knows the part number for this piece as I'd like to add it to my other 19's.
    The OEM extended slide release part number would depend on if you have a three pin or a two pin frame.

http://www.brownells.com/handgun-par...prod23432.aspx
    Last edited by Beat Trash; 06-12-2017 at 09:07 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ydennekb View Post
    PM me your address. I hate ext slide releases and have a few I'll give to you.

User Tag List