Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: AIWB Holsters: Sidecar style vs. separate

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    #trexarmsconcealmentbruh #brostandard

Attachment 15799

Jesus, it's like a built in tray so you have a place to set your Monster and your can of Cope.
    #subseconddraw #highlymoddedglocks

That guy needs a gadget. He muzzles himself every time he holsters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Site Supporter
    A fanny pack under a shirt prints less..........

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Did several reviews of gcodes incog and their eclipse.

http://www.vdmsr.com/p/gear-reviews.html

With that we have a few holster makers here who are not only vetted but are supporting businesses.

I would highly recommend to get a holster that isn't based on a celebs status and actually based on real world application.
    I admit, my first carry gun+holster was a Shield in a standard Incog AIWB. I remember thinking "wtf" before I clicked on your article on the Incog that pretty much explained why it sucked. Then I started carrying a Glock 19 in a JM Custom George.

Guess which one printed less?

Quote Originally Posted by Olim9 View Post
    I admit, my first carry gun+holster was a Shield in a standard Incog AIWB. I remember thinking "wtf" before I clicked on your article on the Incog that pretty much explained why it sucked. Then I started carrying a Glock 19 in a JM Custom George.

Guess which one printed less?
    All gcodes print like crazy.

JM is pretty good in this regard the holsters are made with an understanding of proper carry methodology.

Add a wedge and you have a very good system of carry.

The real issue with gcode holsters is that they aren't made by CCW shooters for CCW shooters. Ten minutes with one of their designed holsters and you quickly realize this.

Unfortunately this goes back to my post in another thread, the majority of CCW citizens have zero clue what a good holster is and stick to what is popular, what is comfortable and what is cheap. Those traits almost never create a worthwhile holster
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I'll 'fess up; I wear one. The pro's for me are comfort, concealment, and convenience. Obviously, it's molded to fit me. I find that this style either works very well for you, or not at all. Of course, most of us are prone to emotional attachment to our gear, which explains why the rest of us can tell at a glance that it's not working for those who defend it so vociferously.

The criticisms of the style are generally valid, for sure. Cracking? Check. I don't do them in light bearing, for that reason.

I'll confess though, I don't carry 24/7. I throw it on whenever I leave the house, which isn't that often, and usually not for long periods of time. Back pain prohibits carrying on my belt for any length of time, no matter the position.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhado View Post
    What mag pouches are you guys using that puts the mag is a similar position as the sidecar that's stable and tuck-able?
    Tuckable can be achieved with many single pouches by adding a strut for the soft loop. These can be bought through many of your friendly holster makers or DIYHolster.

Some designs lend well to the strut add, some do not. I like the clean design of what Mastermind Tactics is putting out re mag pouch.

If tuckable/deep concealed is important I would consider looking at the NeoMag carrier for your pocket or an RCS pocketshield. I really like the pocketshield for a mag and light when tucking in is appropriate.

More options. That's the reason I hate the sidecar type rigs. And they just seem silly to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List