Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AIWB Holsters: Sidecar style vs. separate

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Star Gear View Post
    I hate to say lots of nuances but lots of little nuances that most makers aren't even aware of or don't care about. Our biggest concern is long term durability and longevity from someone who actually trains with their gear. Shoot us an email or call, 5 minutes will probably cover an hour or two of trying to word a post right.

Simply put, most people who want to buy a kydex holster don't know what they don't know. There are so many differences in material, grain, and overall longevity that people simply do not understand enough when they make a decision to buy a holster.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Simply put, most people who want to buy a kydex holster don't know what they don't know. There are so many differences in material, grain, and overall longevity that people simply do not understand enough when they make a decision to buy a holster.
    I won't deny that! I admit I don't know what i'm talking about or what i want. I mean i know what i think i want, but as you said, i don't know what i don't know. This community has been great in giving me some insight, at least getting me pointed in what i feel is the right direction now. I mean damn, a week ago I thought i wanted a super rigid belt and a sidecar style holster and was even willing to pay more for it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Star Gear View Post
    I hate to say lots of nuances but lots of little nuances that most makers aren't even aware of or don't care about. Our biggest concern is long term durability and longevity from someone who actually trains with their gear. Shoot us an email or call, 5 minutes will probably cover an hour or two of trying to word a post right.
    Makes sense. I'll be taking you up on that. Should I wait until Monday to call? Your site says you prefer email and doesn't list a phone # so just let me know. Thanks!

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar
    Now is fine, PM sent.
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

There is a lot of full derp AIWB shit out there now. Let's break the integral mag pouch thing down in to a pros and cons list.

Pros: Only have to put one item on instead of the agony of putting on a holster, then the mag pouch.

Cons: Literally everything else.

It is cool that guys make neat stuff, I like neat stuff. I think Phlster made a dual AIWB Glock holster. "That's cool!" Then I went back to doing what I was doing. No place in comfort, concealability, ability to easily decide "I don't want to carry a spare mag today" (gasp!) etc. If you don't carry a gun very much or wear a mumu when you do, it's a great option. And definitely looks cool in IG pics. Maybe in red carbon fiber even.

I put this stuff out there in the same realm as the guys insisting the Incog is still one of the best AIWB holsters made. It is, until you try almost anything else.

What mag pouches are you guys using that puts the mag is a similar position as the sidecar that's stable and tuck-able?

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    #trexarmsconcealmentbruh #brostandard

Name:  trexconcealmentbrah.jpg
Views: 1663
Size:  67.1 KB

Jesus, it's like a built in tray so you have a place to set your Monster and your can of Cope.
    Last edited by Tamara; 04-20-2017 at 08:12 AM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Please return your tray tables to their upright position...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Depending on what I'm doing, how I am dressed and where I'm going I occasionally take advantage of something I usually have, pockets.

Site Supporter
    The set up on that rather solid man is printing like Gutenberg's Press.

No, thank you.

User Tag List