Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AAR: John McPhee / SOB Tactical 2-Day Handgun, 1-2 Apr 2017, Bastrop, TX

Thanks Chance.

Can you explain "You have the gun pointed low and left" when discussing your firing thumb being up in the Grip video? Is your strong hand rotated too far clockwise (as viewed from the top) on the frame?
    David S.

I appreciate you posting these and putting yourself out there. I can see the benefits in what looks like a good technique to start and refining it to be even better and more efficient. Have you found it challenging to do all the things he suggested changing? Are you focusing on one thing at a time or fixing multiple things such as all the grip changes or all the presentation changes? Are you using video (or coaches eye specifically) now and had you before used video? Good stuff thanks for sharing them.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Can you explain "You have the gun pointed low and left" when discussing your firing thumb being up in the Grip video?
    I wish. For the life of me, I'm still not sure what he was looking at. All I can say is that he diagnosed me as shooting low and left without even looking at the target.

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    Have you found it challenging to do all the things he suggested changing?
    Not at all. There's no juju, there's just efficiency. I focus on one thing at a time. Presently, it's releasing the mag earlier.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Thanks for posting those videos Chance. I've wondered what all he goes in to other than the shorter version he has on youtube. Pretty interesting.

Nice AAR! The SOB is one of the guy I always listen to, and he has yet to say something I disagree with (!). I like his attitude that it is not a gear issue, for instance. Very clear-headed guy!

User Tag List