Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Aholster pocket holster question

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    D, out of curiosity, what sights do you have on your 43? Do you happen to have an image of the 43 in the holster? Thanks, big brother.
    Name:  43&a.jpg
Views: 1599
Size:  56.3 KB

Name:  43nhand.jpg
Views: 1190
Size:  28.4 KB

There you go

Thanks, D. Those rear sights look lower profile / less sharp / snaggy vs. the Trijicon HDs. Appreciate your taking the time.

Now if the 43 only felt good in my hand. LOL!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I wish I had read this thread yesterday. I got my holster and over all I am really impressed. I ordered the holster for a Glock 43. I immediately installed the gun and slid it in my pocket. I was sitting in my recliner and my son jumped in my lap I was getting situated for him to sit with me and I heard a rip. The point had ripped my pocket. When I removed it I noticed the point is like an ice pick. This morning I came to work and filed it down. I think its a great idea but the needle point is not for me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I wish I had read this thread yesterday. I got my holster and over all I am really impressed. I ordered the holster for a Glock 43. I immediately installed the gun and slid it in my pocket. I was sitting in my recliner and my son jumped in my lap I was getting situated for him to sit with me and I heard a rip. The point had ripped my pocket. When I removed it I noticed the point is like an ice pick. This morning I came to work and filed it down. I think its a great idea but the needle point is not for me.
    I immediately filed down the point to a rounded surface, and still managed to poke holes in two pants pockets. I hesitate to completely remove that hook because it is so effective for separating the gun and holster during a draw and keeping the holster in a pocket, but destroying my clothes is not an option. I may need to sew some reinforcements into my pocket or see if I can somehow increase the surface area at the tip of the hook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I immediately filed down the point to a rounded surface, and still managed to poke holes in two pants pockets. I hesitate to completely remove that hook because it is so effective for separating the gun and holster during a draw and keeping the holster in a pocket, but destroying my clothes is not an option. I may need to sew some reinforcements into my pocket or see if I can somehow increase the surface area at the tip of the hook.

I have lined damaged parts of pockets inside and out with moleskin. Adhesive on both sides creates a pretty good hold if you do it right. I have one pair that has lasted over a year. Takes 5 minutes.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    I have lined damaged parts of pockets inside and out with moleskin. Adhesive on both sides creates a pretty good hold if you do it right. I have one pair that has lasted over a year. Takes 5 minutes.
    I will have to give that a try. Thanks!

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Just tried a different use for the Moleskin. I wrapped a small piece around the previously rounded off hook. The piece I cut was a bit longer than the hook, in order to provide a cushioned surface at the end of the hook. We'll see how that works.

Site Supporter
    After noticing the hole in my pocket I tried shrink tubing, duct tape and ended up cutting the point off. I then put guntape (rubber finish) on the sides of the holster. Not as good as the point but the holster was loose enough from the beginning to allow the pistol to fall out if inverted, so just a little bit of added stick helps.
    Adam

I have to crack up when I read this thread.

I originally mentioned to Bill about grinding down the point on the Aholster.

I have a Mika pocket holster that I had to have Mr. Mika redo as the first one didn't allow a proper master grip. The second is way better but still not perfect for all pants and all pockets.

In the end I often find that I go back to the cheap little Uncle Mike's #3 that I started with. It's good to have options so I can't kick, but it just strikes me as funny.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Have to chime in to say that the AHolster Pocket Backbone pocket holster for the S&W 340PD is the lightest, most concealable pocket holster I've found, of any kind, and I have examples from Lou Alessi, Bob Mika, DeSantis, Pocket Concealment Systems and several others that I've been used over the years for BUG duty, or rarely even for primary use in those hottest, most humid days when no sort of cover garment can be worn without looking out of place with dress-casual attire.

Carrying a semiauto in a pocket holster has never been a good option for me with dress pants, but a J-Frame is definitely doable even in the most sensitive NPE.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

User Tag List