Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aholster pocket holster question

Good to hear it's working out for you, Bill. I've been carrying the J-frame in mine quite a bit lately, especially on the hotter days.

I love my G26 but at 10 to 12 ounces heavier than the loaded 642, I just don't know if I could comfortably pocket carry. (Also don't know if the pockets of my 5.11's would be a good match.)
    Last edited by blues; 04-13-2017 at 07:57 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    The G26 is about the same size as a J frame, and I find size to be more critical than weight in a pocket. The extra weight does make rounding off that sharp corner on top that much more important. Also, the G26 carries more ammo than a J frame + 1 reload, so you are already better off before even figuring out whether to carry a reload for the G26.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    The G26 is about the same size as a J frame, and I find size to be more critical than weight in a pocket. The extra weight does make rounding off that sharp corner on top that much more important. Also, the G26 carries more ammo than a J frame + 1 reload, so you are already better off before even figuring out whether to carry a reload for the G26.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just sent you a PM, Bill, but I'm curious what trousers you are wearing with the G26. Seems like it would be a tougher fit / draw than the J frame but I'll check later and see if I can stuff one in a Remora into my pocket. I don't have anything else to substitute for pocket carry for that frame.

I'm still not sure I can overlook the minimum of a 10 oz increase in weight though. AIWB I can carry a 40 oz gun without much added discomfort compared to the G26...but this would be entirely new territory.

I placed my order for the aholster pocket holster for my G43 hope this one provides more easier draw compared to a leather one I have, which works but the back or front has the square leather on it, so it doesn't print , and makes for a tight fit in the pocket... esp when drawing but it does work for when I need to pocket carry...
    Last edited by lyodbraun; 04-13-2017 at 09:42 AM.

Okay, just tested the G26 in the pocket of a pair of older light canvas Columbia shorts I picked up from REI years ago.
    (I carried the J Frame in my aholster in these shorts yesterday afternoon.)

I put the G26 in a Remora and was able to get the package into the pocket. However, there is much less available space for a good master grip and I could tell there was a good probability of the Trijicon HD rear sight catching and hanging...as I could feel its corner grabbing the pocket without even attempting a reasonable facsimile of a draw. (There is no rear sight nor hammer to hang up with the S&W 642.)

Now, I don't doubt that the aholster for the G26 would be a thinner and slicker fit but I don't think I'll be ordering one for that gun unless I was able to test one out beforehand (which is pretty darn unlikely).

I will say the weight didn't feel quite as bad as I had anticipated.
    Last edited by blues; 04-13-2017 at 10:02 AM.

I got my Aholster for a G-26 last week. I have been carrying it since. So far I like it. I rounded the hook a little. I had been using a Mika pocket holster, but the fabric on it rounded over the rear sight and hindered the draw. The Aholster is comfortable and draws OK. I am wearing Duluth Flex Fire House work pants. They have a very large pocket. http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/m...cessor=content

I have carried just a J-Frame in the past and was never comfortable with only 5 rounds. I am carrying the G-26 with a flat 10 round mag with a 17 round mag for a reload.

Quote Originally Posted by lyodbraun View Post
    I placed my order for the aholster pocket holster for my G43 hope this one provides more easier draw compared to a leather one I have, which works but the back or front has the square leather on it, so it doesn't print , and makes for a tight fit in the pocket... esp when drawing but it does work for when I need to pocket carry...
    The G43 Aholster combo works very well for me in the left front pocket. Just as well as a J.

Quote Originally Posted by hubcap View Post
    The G43 Aholster combo works very well for me in the left front pocket. Just as well as a J.
    D, out of curiosity, what sights do you have on your 43? Do you happen to have an image of the 43 in the holster? Thanks, big brother.

E. I have Ameriglo Caps on the 43. Actually T-Caps since the 43 Cap has a .125 front.
    I will get a pic of it in the holster shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by hubcap View Post
    E. I have Ameriglo Caps on the 43. Actually T-Caps since the 43 Cap has a .125 front.
    I will get a pic of it in the holster shortly.
    Thanks.

User Tag List