Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aholster pocket holster question

Site Supporter

Aholster pocket holster question

Based on positive comments in another thread, I ordered two of these holsters for my Glock 26, one right hand and one left hand.

Overall, I am impressed. Hiding a Glock 26 in a pocket is not easy, particularly breaking up the outline without adding to the already considerable bulk in the pocket. This holster has absolutely minimal bulk, yet does break up the outline to some extent. Separating the holster from the gun occurs dependably, which was a definite concern I had with Kydex for a pocket holster. I have tried at least 5 other pocket holsters for this gun, 3 of which were more expensive, and none work quite as well.

My question is about the pocket hook adjacent to the rear sight. It appears to have quite a point on it. Has anyone had any issues with this point poking holes in their pockets? How many of you have left this point as is? How many of you have rounded or cut this point?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by BillSWPA; 04-06-2017 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Based on positive comments in another thread, I ordered two of these holsters for my Glock 26, one right hand and one left hand.

Overall, I am impressed. Hiding a Glock 26 in a pocket is not easy, particularly breaking up the outline without adding to the already considerable bulk in the pocket. This holster has absolutely minimal bulk, yet does break up the outline to some extent. Separating the holster from the gun occurs dependably, which was a definite concern I had with Kydex for a pocket holster. I have tried at least 5 other pocket holsters for this gun, and none work quite as well.

My question is about the pocket hook adjacent to the rear sight. It appears to have quite a point on it. Has anyone had any issues with this point poking holes in their pockets? How many of you have left this point as is? How many of you have rounded or cut this point?

Thanks in advance!
    Bill, I know hubcap and myself have filed / sanded it down without any issues. The owner of aholster, Alan, mentioned to me that he grinds his off and doesn't even use it...but it is there for those who find it useful.

I simply rounded mine off for my J frame so that there is still a projection but it has no point that will be poking through the fabric.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Bill, I know hubcap and myself have filed / sanded it down without any issues. The owner of aholster, Alan, mentioned to me that he grinds his off and doesn't even use it...but it is there for those who find it useful.

I simply rounded mine off for my J frame so that there is still a projection but it has no point that will be poking through the fabric.
    Wow, that was quick! Thanks!

I think I am going to take some sandpaper to this point before I use the holster.

My pleasure. It goes quickly so just test it until you're satisfied. Blunting and rounding the tip shouldn't hinder the draw nor the retention of the holster in the pocket.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    My pleasure. It goes quickly so just test it until you're satisfied. Blunting and rounding the tip shouldn't hinder the draw nor the retention of the holster in the pocket.
    A few minutes with a nail file appears to have done the trick. The hook is still very much there, but now with a rounded tip with more surface area.

You can also heat the bottom hook that is curved for your leg and bend it so it form fits your own personal leg.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hubcap View Post
    You can also heat the bottom hook that is curved for your leg and bend it so it form fits your own personal leg.
    Yes, but carefully. I am completely happy with the curvature as it was made, and have no plans to mess with it. The one and only time I tried to heat Kydex, the owner of Custom Carry Concepts ended up repairing my poor work on their light pouch.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Yes, but carefully. I am completely happy with the curvature as it was made, and have no plans to mess with it. The one and only time I tried to heat Kydex, the owner of Custom Carry Concepts ended up repairing my poor work on their light pouch.
    As Clint so aptly said:
    A man's got to know his limitations.
    Mine result in my not messing up an otherwise perfectly good holster.

I also ground mind on the bottom so it was flatter and didn't extend beyond the muzzle. I am not that big and seems like the pockets might be smaller than whoever modeled for the holster

Site Supporter
    After three days of carrying a Glock 26 in the front pocket of my dress slacks using this holster, I am more convinced that it is the best pocket holster available for carrying this size gun.

It is almost impossible to carry a gun this size without some printing. The design of any pocket holster is a compromise between minimizing printing by minimizing bulk, and making the printing look like something other than a gun (which adds bulk). This design definitely leans towards minimizing bulk rather than changing the shape of the printing, and it is very effective at minimizing the overall detectability of the gun to casual observers.

Getting the gun and holster to separate during the draw is faster and more reliable than with almost any other pocket holster I have tried.

If I carried a J-frame in a pocket, this holster would also be my first choice.

User Tag List