Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucky Gunner 38 & 357 ammo video

Lucky Gunner 38 & 357 ammo video

I know it probably belongs on the ammo page but it's pretty specific to revolvers. It's the usual high quality video you get from Lucky Gunner. Compared a lot of 38 and 357 loads in both 2 and 4 inch barreled revolvers in ballistics gel. Great and very interesting stuff in the tests. https://youtu.be/yJmqcE7ZHhY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He does awesome stuff. Seems like a real down to earth dude.

Lucky Gunner is to YouTube gun videos what Pistol-Forum is to Internet gun forums.

Hell bent on being intentionally anachronistic

It's nice to be able to refer to the tables and jump from one round to another while comparing stats and images. Great work.

I'm going to have to seriously consider giving them my next ammo order even if it's a few bucks more.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    He does awesome stuff. Seems like a real down to earth dude.
    Chris is an excellent guy. I have done two classes with him as a fellow student, and he's as nice as can be.

I make a point of buying ammo from Lucky Gunner, just to show support for good folks.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Chris is an excellent guy. I have done two classes with him as a fellow student, and he's as nice as can be.

I make a point of buying ammo from Lucky Gunner, just to show support for good folks.
    Thanks for reinforcing my thought, SS. It's good when folks you respect affirm your budding respect for someone in the process of earning it.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I may not be recalling this correctly, but I though the clear ballistics gelatin stuff isn't a good replica of actual ballistics gel? Something about it being too dense? not sure if I remember.

It is a very poor choice.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Here is the link to the accompanying article.

http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/revo...llistics-test/

I think there are a couple flaws in his conclusions but it is good to see how different loads stack up. I was surprised to see one of the test shots of the Speer short barrel gold dots failed to expand, and the overall expansion of that load was a little low. That being said I would still consider ~13" penetration and .040 expansion to be acceptable, especially considering the differences in the testing media used (clear gel). Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by NerdAlert View Post
    . That being said I would still consider ~13" penetration and .040 expansion to be acceptable,

Based on what? The 12" figure used by the FBI is based on different testing criteria. It's been mentioned here a couple times the gel itself is very different.

It's not enough to mix up some jello, shoot some bullets into it, and post a video to youtube. You can't just pick and choose which parts of the formal testing criteria to pay attention to and expect the numbers to mean anything.

I'm sure it's fun and people enjoy doing it, but this is cargo cult testing.
    Last edited by jh9; 04-06-2017 at 07:05 AM.

User Tag List