Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Review: Eidolon with Blade Rigs clip

Review: Eidolon with Blade Rigs clip

I've been running a Raven Eidolon with a Blade Rigs clip the last few months and it's become my new favorite holster. The clip makes it extremely versatile, the holster disappears under a tshirt for me, and it's very comfortable. I love being able to quickly remove the holster and also to wear the holster sans belt if needed. This holster also has the soft pad like thing on the inside which forces the butt of the gun into the body for added concealment.

If your looking for a nice quickly removable set-up this would be something to look at.

Name:  IMG_5897.jpg
Views: 1587
Size:  33.4 KB

Cool. I have been thinking that the small Blade Rigs clips might be interesting to try as a replacement for the RCS clips.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Kyle Defoor was running this exact setup at the OKC class last month. I got to try it out - highly recommended. Makes getting the holster on and off much easier.
    Last edited by Newportl; 04-06-2017 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Cool. I have been thinking that the small Blade Rigs clips might be interesting to try as a replacement for the RCS clips.
    Me too. I actually sent a message last week asking if he'd offer his clip in a hole pattern that matched the RCS clip, and he essentially said not at this time. He's selling them pre-drilled right now for like $7.00, so I'm probably going to buy one just to see if I can make it work as-is.
    Last edited by CR78; 04-06-2017 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CR78 View Post
    Me too. I actually sent a message last week asking if he'd offer his clip in a hole pattern that matched the RCS clip, and he essentially said not at this time. He's selling them pre-drilled right now for like $7.00, so I'm probably going to buy one just to see if I can make it work as-is.
    Not enough room to drill them to attach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Ive been around several guys with this holster that "love it" wile constantly messing with it.. like at dinner or standing or getting out of the car or...

If it works for you awesome but please make sure it really works...

I saw Defoor's set up in OKC ( host) and was like hmm.. hasn't Dark star gear ran a clip like that
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

I really don't have any complaints with the standard Eidolon clips. I run just one of the clips with my Eidolon/G19 setup. Works very well but I've often wondered if the Blade Rigs clip would be more robust.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    I saw Defoor's set up in OKC ( host) and was like hmm.. hasn't Dark star gear ran a clip like that
    Yessir! Have for 5 years or more now.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    I really don't have any complaints with the standard Eidolon clips. I run just one of the clips with my Eidolon/G19 setup. Works very well but I've often wondered if the Blade Rigs clip would be more robust.
    The metal spring clip, in our experiences, and expanding to folks who T&E and customers, hasn't failed yet as far as staying put. IMHO this is an upgrade for Eidolon users. The downside is that the tooth will wear at clothing if not careful and if you're gonna do any FoF with it you may have things tear. Most view the holster staying put as an acceptable tradeoff.
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

It that tuckable?

Quote Originally Posted by Slalom.45 View Post
    It that tuckable?
    Yup but like most other tuckable stuff it isn't likely concealable as the clip is still out in the open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List