Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Area 1 WTF! Some people need retraining. Serious safety screw up

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The Havasu deal was truely scary, and it is miracle that did not turn out to be a tragedy.

In the Area 1 instance, the shooter did something unanticipated, and the squad appeared to immediately recognize it and call out loudly. I see far worse nearly every time there are other shooters at the range I frequent.
    Fortunately the shooter at Havasu is quite accurate, and the guy downrange wasn't hiding behind a target he was in the process of engaging. Due to the design of USPSA stages, the downrange guy wasn't really in danger of a shoot through happening since he was behind a wall. It is very fortunate that the shooter and RO identified that there was a problem before they got past the wall.
    TY83544

From what I understand, the RO and brass picker down range were the last to realize what was happening.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

From what I understand, the RO and brass picker down range were the last to realize what was happening.
    Then it is especially fortunate that the shooter maintained enough awareness even through the reload to perceive that he should stop long before he got to where he would have shot near the brass picker!
    TY83544

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I quote, without further comment:

It is called the normalization of deviance, and it is deadly. The normalization of deviance is defined as: “The gradual process through which unacceptable practice or standards become acceptable. As the deviant behavior is repeated without catastrophic results, it becomes the social norm for the organization.”

That just described a law enforcement agency I know all too well. Half-assed is good enough, because that is the way we have always done it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    That just described a law enforcement agency I know all too well. Half-assed is good enough, because that is the way we have always done it.
    I think every SNCO in the conventional forces has this written inside the cover of their green book.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Pardon my ignorance but was the Havasu shooter our own GJM? I've only seen a few videos of GJM shoot but it looks kind of like him. If it's not just ignore my dumbass.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    Let's give some credit to the shooter who did not fire a round once he saw a person down range. A shoot or no shoot decision still has to be made by each and every one of us when we are the shooter.
    Been there done that, on the same range/club that Glen was commenting about. RSO was telling me I had more targets and why didn't I continue the course of fire as I was unloading and showing clear.......ummmm mouth breather down range = complete stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Site Supporter
    Interesting...So no split scoring...But what is USPSAs official position on the practice?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

There is a stupid rule allowing it if it's stated in the stage brief and the shooter's proxy is allowed to view the hits on their behalf.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

User Tag List