Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Revolvers I'm Watching

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States
    New revolvers, you say. Coming to market, you say. Go big or go home.

Name:  IWA13.jpg
Views: 1181
Size:  56.4 KB

This is Marcel Kay of Korth Arms at IWA 2017 in Nuremberg, showing off their latest creation, Korth Super Sport RGX Revolver with a 10" barrel in .357 Magnum. Note the AR15 stock adapter bolted to the right hand side recoil shield. Substitute a SIG Brace and a regular bipod, and you are good to go without a tax stamp in all 50 states.
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by zeleny View Post
    Substitute a SIG Brace and a regular bipod, and you are good to go without a tax stamp in all 50 states.
    The tax stamp is at the bottom of my list of concerns here.

Site Supporter
    I am looking out for the 2.75" Model 69 .44magnum. I used to have a 696 .44 Spl, but did not shoot it a whole lot because the forcing cone was wafer thin. I am looking at this as a modern replacement that will be capable of the beefier loads.
    Polite Professional

This is Marcel Kay of Korth Arms at IWA 2017 in Nuremberg, showing off their latest creation, Korth Super Sport RGX Revolver with a 10" barrel in .357 Magnum. Note the AR15 stock adapter bolted to the right hand side recoil shield. Substitute a SIG Brace and a regular bipod, and you are good to go without a tax stamp in all 50 states.
    With an articulating bipod, and without the stock, that would be a nice set-up.

More than once, I have contemplated an AR-ish rail system, firmly attached to a GP100, with extended-sight-radius irons*, an optic, and a bipod. Not very traditional, of course, but the GP100 is not very traditional, itself, anyway. The original, pre-Hogue OEM GP100 grip is nirvana for my hands, and .357 will kill anything that normally walks in Texas and the South, on two or four legs. So, this Korth instantly makes sense to me, even though I would rather delete the stock and much of the rail real estate.

Edited to add: As for legalities, let's remember that in Europe, and some other parts of the world, the handgun laws are far different than here in the USA. I have seen images of stocked revolvers, with long, but not necessarily rifle-length barrels, build specifically to comply with some European laws. I bet this Korth was built with such laws in mind. What would be an SBR in the USA, would be specifically tailored to meet regulations on the other side of The Pond.

*My aging eyes wish, very much, for the rear iron sight to be just a bit farther away.
    Last edited by Rex G; 04-29-2017 at 04:30 PM.

What's old is new again.

"Hell bent on being intentionally anachronistic"

To revive an old post from jh9, because it's one of the funniest things I've ever seen on this forum, and deserves another look:

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post

This is 'smoking bath salts out of an improvised crack pipe made from a light bulb and some aluminum foil' levels of fuckery. There's just no other way this happened.

Korth Exec 1: Hans, ve need zee American dollars.
    Korth Exec 2: *huffing furiously on pipe*
    KE1: HANS!
    KE2: VHAT?
    KE1: American dollars.
    KE2: Ze Americans like "tactical".
    KE1: *huffing furiously on pipe*
    KE2: Ve put ze rails on it
    KE1: Ze rails?
    KE2: *exhales voluminous plume of insanity*
    KE1: ya...ze rails...
    KE2: *takes several hits from bathsaltpipe*
    KE1: maybe...on...ze barrel?
    KE2: ZE BARREL ITSELF IS RAILS
    KE1: *looks at pipe* Maybe not...
    KE2: YA ZE BARREL IS RAILS
    KE1: Ya ok ze barrel is rails *licks bathsalt wrapper*

^^^I gotta admit, that was one of the better P-F posts in recent memory.

I'm really interested in one of these, basically a 686 clone with no lock nonsense.
    Name:  SAR-357.jpg
Views: 610
Size:  73.2 KB
    Last edited by Hemiram; 04-30-2017 at 03:26 AM.

The phrase that comes to mind is "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should."
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List