Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LEM Variation Across HK Models?

LEM Variation Across HK Models?

How much difference do you notice in "trigger feel" between different HK models if all are equipped with the LEM trigger? In other words, does a P2000 feel different than a P2000SK or a P30SK in terms of length of pull and pull weight? If different: a lot or a little? Assume that all are equipped with the standard LEM spring package for that model. Trying to find an LEM equipped pistol to shoot is near impossible here. If I find one to shoot, I'm curious if it will give me a good idea of suitability if it isn't in the same model of pistol.
    A related question: if I want the pull weight to be increased over stock LEM, is it possible? If I need a bit more resistance to reliably feel the trigger contact with my damaged finger, is there a way to get it?
    Thanks in advance for any help.

Yes, there are differences. LEM in USP models, especially with some match components from HK (don't ask what they are, i don't know) is very close to post-market modified LEM on a P series guns. LEM on HK45 has half of a reset length of P series guns. Length of pull and weight for stock guns are the same. For non-stock guns I've been able to find more hammer spring options, and therefore trigger weight options, for my P30 than for my P2000sk.

Where are you located?

I am retired and travel about a good bit.

Be willing to connect up and let you shoot my P30SK LEM V1 if it would help. I'm currently in San Antonio, TX, headed to Fort Worth, Arizona / New Mexico, Cali, OR, WA, then middle upper states by this summer.

Considering 9mm models, the P30 pistols have more modern features, but the USP and USP C pistols have better LEM triggers available.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Guy View Post
    How much difference do you notice in "trigger feel" between different HK models if all are equipped with the LEM trigger? In other words, does a P2000 feel different than a P2000SK or a P30SK in terms of length of pull and pull weight? If different: a lot or a little? Assume that all are equipped with the standard LEM spring package for that model. Trying to find an LEM equipped pistol to shoot is near impossible here. If I find one to shoot, I'm curious if it will give me a good idea of suitability if it isn't in the same model of pistol.
    A related question: if I want the pull weight to be increased over stock LEM, is it possible? If I need a bit more resistance to reliably feel the trigger contact with my damaged finger, is there a way to get it?
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    GJM and YVK pretty much covered it. V2 is pretty much as heavy as you can go as far a I know. Pull weight for V2 is between 6.7-8lbs (can't remember exactly), V1 is around 5-5.5lbs, you can play with springs and get a little lower than that with a 10lb HS. There is also a V4 and V4.1CH. I don't remember the weights off the top of my head. If you have nerve damage in your hand and finger I'm not sure what the extent is but I have some pretty good damage to mine and the V2 is enough feedback for me when shooting WHO which is predominantly where most of my issues are. If the V2 doesn't suffice I'd be willing to bet you can call Lazy Wolf Guns or Gray Guns and see if they can do something for you regarding pull weight.
    Last edited by Mike C; 04-04-2017 at 10:36 PM.

Thanks to all for the info. This tells me what I needed to know. Rich_Jenkins, I'm in northern Nevada. Maybe shoot me a PM if you get out this way and we'll see what works out. Heads up that anything other than main road travel around here is going to be a late season deal this year due to an epic snow pack. Hope you enjoy your trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Guy View Post
    Thanks to all for the info. This tells me what I needed to know. Rich_Jenkins, I'm in northern Nevada. Maybe shoot me a PM if you get out this way and we'll see what works out. Heads up that anything other than main road travel around here is going to be a late season deal this year due to an epic snow pack. Hope you enjoy your trip.
    Rich's RV and Shootin' Tour 2017

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...2&share_type=t

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    GJM and YVK pretty much covered it. V2 is pretty much as heavy as you can go as far a I know. Pull weight for V2 is between 6.7-8lbs (can't remember exactly), V1 is around 5-5.5lbs, you can play with springs and get a little lower than that with a 10lb HS. There is also a V4 and V4.1CH. I don't remember the weights off the top of my head. If you have nerve damage in your hand and finger I'm not sure what the extent is but I have some pretty good damage to mine and the V2 is enough feedback for me when shooting WHO which is predominantly where most of my issues are. If the V2 doesn't suffice I'd be willing to bet you can call Lazy Wolf Guns or Gray Guns and see if they can do something for you regarding pull weight.
    Mike, can you refresh me with what you were shooting in school last weekend?

1slow had some really impressive fast precision with his P30 and V1.
    Last edited by JHC; 04-05-2017 at 09:26 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

JHC,

I was dark pin overall which is where I was shooting this class. Probably an accurate assessment of the work I need to do. I had not been running the drills.

Odd thing was on 2 tested runs of the draw to 2 headshots I did turbo level on both. Sort of an odd thing vs my other lesser performances.

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    JHC,

I was dark pin overall which is where I was shooting this class. Probably an accurate assessment of the work I need to do. I had not been running the drills.

Odd thing was on 2 tested runs of the draw to 2 headshots I did turbo level on both. Sort of an odd thing vs my other lesser performances.
    Yeah but I was checking out your practice runs too. You left a LOT of ragged ratholes on those targets.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List